Pretend Chat 2.14

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
you do not need a coffee maker, just a hot water dispenser

I've thought about adding one. But then again, I've also thought about installing a central vacuum. I debate whether I'll live in this house long enough to really enjoy/use it r if I should just wait until I build something new.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thursday afternoon I was out in the sleet, getting my shoes wet and my hands frozen playing in pool water. I had brought in the turtles about a week before, but had to set something up for the two goldfish. I had their tank cleaned and set up, so now to bring them in before the real cold. I don't know how long I dug through leaves searching, before finally giving up after completely draining the two pools. The only thing I can figure is I let the water levels drop lower then normal and perhaps a coon came fishing.

Poor fish. They survived the flood, but not the fall. So now I have a tank all set up and running with nothing in it. Thinking about buying two more of the cheap feeder goldfish.

Normally in the spring I buy feeder goldfish for each pool to control the skeeters. Then in the fall, I use to put them in the buried hot tub. Makes for cheap pest control with a little shiney glimmers of beauty in each pool. They start spring so small and by fall they are large, plump, and beautiful. My turtles are too lazy to chase them down. Except the snapper, so I toss the ones I consider ugly in there with her. Those brownish ones. The bright colorful ones go into "safe" pools.

I've never rescued the goldfish from the pond. They live through frozen water.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've thought about adding one. But then again, I've also thought about installing a central vacuum. I debate whether I'll live in this house long enough to really enjoy/use it r if I should just wait until I build something new.

New is good. It's great to be the first one to make water spots on your new shining bathroom.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning!! We are back from our desert trip and I came down with a cold! I think I probably feel like Steven does. Yucky!!
We had crazy weather, everything but snow in just 5 days. It was in the 40's on turkey day so we 25 of us ate in our trailer. Fun times!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1448730735.385899.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1448730768.268962.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1448730786.590221.jpg

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Top-35-Funniest-Quotes.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good morning!! We are back from our desert trip and I came down with a cold! I think I probably feel like Steven does. Yucky!!
We had crazy weather, everything but snow in just 5 days. It was in the 40's on turkey day so we 25 of us ate in our trailer. Fun times!
View attachment 157034
View attachment 157035
View attachment 157036

My gosh, that's a lot of people over for dinner. Simply adore the turkey hat! Thank goodness for paper plates! Good times!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This a.m. I raked up a bunch of leaves and packed the desert tortoises away in their hibernaculum, then I piled the rest of the leaves over the top of it. There were still two hold-outs sitting in the sun, but I put them away and blocked the door. The sun is shining beautifully. It's about 50F degrees, but in the sun it feels a lot warmer. Then when I came in the house, whew! It feels so hot in here.

My back is killing me. This chair and the leaves. I need one of Mike's back buddies.

Time for lunch. Turkey soup for me today. This time I added a bit of cream of mushroom soup to the stock. It gave it just the right flavor. Soup along with my fresh baked bread and cold butter. Yum!