Pretend Chat 2.14

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Good morning everyone. Actually it's afternoon here, just :)

I have had a busy morning.

My eldest, who has just graduated in Environmental Biology and Geography, has just been accepted on a volunteer program that will take her to Tanzania to work on sanitation and water projects for 3 months starting at the end of September. So we have been to the medical centre to get her medical report filled out and to organise the immunisations she needs and then sat down to work out some fundraising tactics. Setting up a JustGiving.com account is the easy bit!

That's pretty scarey stuff, Linda. How can you sound so blaze about it? What a wonderful opportunity for your daughter, however, I'd be a nervous wreck!!!

Last edited:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
That's pretty scarey stuff, Linda. How can you sound so blaize about it? What a wonderful opportunity for your daughter, however, I'd be a nervous wreck!!!
It's still 3 months off... I have time to become a nervous wreck. We have only just heard she got the place :D

She went to South Africa volunteering a couple of summers ago on a wildlife project and that was terrifying. Putting your 19 year old on a plane to Johannesburg and hoping blindly the arrangments to meet her at the other end would work. This time, she will be travelling as part of a group so it's a little less scarey from that point of view. But still...

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
She'll have much more interesting stories than us later on in life!:)
Too right! I did work for a holiday company in France when I was on vacation as a student, but nothing like this... and she is very excited Yvonne. Althought the list of vaccinations needed is enough to put anyone off!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Too right! I did work for a holiday company in France when I was on vacation as a student, but nothing like this... and she is very excited Yvonne. Althought the list of vaccinations needed is enough to put anyone off!
I never got around to traveling much until I met my wife. I wish I'd started earlier.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Am I the only one so desperate for human interaction that when they check their messages and it shows some one responded you just BAMM go right to it?
I do that EVERY time!!! :p
I ALWAYS check my Messages first, respond to them IMMEDIATELY, then go on to my Alerts and see who "liked" or quoted me. :p Only THEN do I go on to browse the forum!:):):)

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Sorry to interrupt. Those who can need to ask Siri what zero divided by zero is. Or tell Siri you're drunk.
She said:
"0/0=undetermined
Imagine you have zero cookies and you equally among zero friends. See, It doesn't make sense. And Cookie Monster Is sad that there are no cookies, and you are sad you have no friends."

I said I'm drunk, she said:
"Neither of us is driving you home"

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
She said:
"0/0=undetermined
Imagine you have zero cookies and you equally among zero friends. See, It doesn't make sense. And Cookie Monster Is sad that there are no cookies, and you are sad you have no friends."

I said I'm drunk, she said:
"Neither of us is driving you home"

LOL!!!! That is hilarious!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You've been alone too much, Ken. It's a phone for pete's sake. Think Raj on The Big Bang Theory. If memory serves, he even prepared a meal for two (him and Siri).