Pretend Chat 2.14

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
The only way to actually own a movie you like is to buy it... Or be a pirate which is just messy and illegal. So buying movies is all that really makes sense to me when I want it for myself. Because Netflix gets new movies/shows but drops old ones after a while... So what happens when a favorite movie or show is taken down, and YouTube is even less reliable for that now that they've cracked down on lengths of videos.

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
I'm not getting how that doesn't make sense. Internet and stuff can fail you so having your own DVD you can put in a player will still work if the Internet goes down at home.

I just bought all 8 seasons of House for that exact reason.

Most of the time now I only buy movies cheap at the flea market though.
i can just google a movie for a tv show episode and find it.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
I buy movies because my son is not allowed cable or internet in his room. I also like to watch what I want whenever I want.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
i can just google a movie for a tv show episode and find it.
They also make libraries for that.
I'm all for "try before you buy" and have used the Internet for shows or movies to watch them, but when I like something enough I want it in my own collection... Like Pokemon cards, gotta catch all the ones you like to have for yourself!

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
They also make libraries for that.
I'm all for "try before you buy" and have used the Internet for shows or movies to watch them, but when I like something enough I want it in my own collection... Like Pokemon cards, gotta catch all the ones you like to have for yourself!
i have never played pokemon.