Outdoor enclosure UK

Nick Rengert

Hi

We have a Sulcata in the uk, we have built an outdoor enclosure fully insulated and will be heated. We are still in the process of building. Full trials will be run before Keefe our sulcata goes to ensure everything runs smoothly. My question is as the house is totally air proof to keep heat in how do we ventilate without heat loss.

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
I know a lot of people use plastic curtains like what they use in beer cooler doors. That way it will keep heat in and allow the tortoise to come and go as it pleases.

Nick Rengert

Hi Thanks for reply, we are going to fit a curtain, but I am worried that when enclosed all night there will be no ventilation or circulation of air.

xirxes

Your enclosure will not be air tight. The exchange of air/oxygen will be ample.

Nick Rengert

thank you for your reply, what heating do you suggest, have lamps, but looking at oil filled rads on thermostat, not sure if these will get hot enough. Looking also at AHS microclimate heaters.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
@Tom has some really good Night Box instructions that show and describe all the pieces, sizes, heaters, electrical hookups, and more that you will need. If you find that post, he has a few on this issue, you will have all questions answered.