new friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrielle Mckenzie

5 Year Member
I'm thinking of getting another Russian tortoise. My one at the minute is 10months old and she's lived alone for 6months. I'm not sure if I should have gotten two to start with so they're used to each other. I know they live happily alone but would getting another cause problems such as fighting over food?

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
Azrielle Mckenzie said:
I'm thinking of getting another Russian tortoise. My one at the minute is 10months old and she's lived alone for 6months. I'm not sure if I should have gotten two to start with so they're used to each other. I know they live happily alone but would getting another cause problems such as fighting over food?

As long as they are close to the same size and you have a suitably large enclosure, they should get along fine.

-Jen

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It is most likely that at some point you will need to separate them. Russians are one of the torts that usually do it get along well together. If you have a very large enclosure, more like what you would have outside and many sight barriers it might help. However, be prepared to give them separate enclosures. BTW, most tortoises do not need nor want a buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.