Meet Roxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Well, I fell in love with a RF from Petco. I fought the urge for 4 months.
First off I wasn't even sure my husband was going to "allow" me another tortoise. I was trying to buy Dusty's brother from Jackrat but the timing wasn't great.

I really felt bad for her while she was there in the store. As time went on I was talking with different employees trying to get them to take care of her shell rot. Everyone just listened and brushed it off. I ask them to take her to their vet but that required them to drive her there. As the months went on she was starting to pyramid worse than she already was. It's not horrible but there are a few scutes that are really bad. During this time the manager recognize me and offered me a 20% discount if I took her home. I told I had to think about it.

Well one day I just couldn't take it, so I brought her home. I text my husband and said " I bought another tortoise!" He texted back. "I'm buying a Porsche Turbo." So guess what? I didn't get in trouble.

She is the sweetest thing ever. On the car ride home my 6yr old named her Roxy. Her shell rot is much better and she loves it outside. She eats great and loves her soaks. I have her separated from Dusty which is torture for me but I know it's the right thing to do.

f0oyz5.jpg

x963q.jpg

351zn2e.jpg

u0i2v.jpg

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
Glad to see roxy is in your hands!:)
Love your husbands response!! Definitely something I would of said!:D:D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks! He doesn't mess around, he did buy the car. It's speed yellow!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Very nice, thats awesome the manager was able to give a you a break from the price :)

Status
Not open for further replies.