RIP Roxy

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
I am sorry for your loss. Do you think she might have gotten hurt by some animal or maybe ate some kind of poison?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I'm not trying to give you any false hope, but are you 100% sure she's dead. If too cold or too hot they will aestivate and look completely dead. All 5 of my adults got too cold a few months ago and they looked dead, eyes were even skinned over.
I'm guessing where you live its not cold enough, but could he have gotten too hot.
I know even tortadise throw one out thinking it was dead and 2 wks later it turned up alive.
I live in hope.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
This is very true! Ours was during the cold
Too. This is quite common unforunatey with this species however. They can hold on for a while and then just perish. Very sensitive species upon initial importation.

MayorMatt

Georgia
I'm not trying to give you any false hope, but are you 100% sure she's dead. If too cold or too hot they will aestivate and look completely dead. All 5 of my adults got too cold a few months ago and they looked dead, eyes were even skinned over.
I'm guessing where you live its not cold enough, but could he have gotten too hot.
I know even tortadise throw one out thinking it was dead and 2 wks later it turned up alive.
I live in hope.
Yes I'm positive she was dead, decay had already set in. I tried soaking her just to be sure but she was gone.