Looking to adopt a leopard in or near West Virginia

Brylee

5 Year Member
I currently have 2 leopard tortoises, between 6 and 7 inches long and looking for a third to add to the family! Located in Clarksburg, WV. Willing to drive a couple hours if I have to!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do you know the sexes of the ones you have now? A good group must have one male to multiple females or they are not going to be able to live together. Even 2 female can get combative. Please keep this in mind before just adding another. Not having enough space will add to the aggression too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh, and not likely you'll find one to adopt, but to purchase. But it is possible, just not likely.

Brylee

5 Year Member
This summer we're building a shed for them along with a run to allow grazing time during warm months. I intend for the shed to be around 14×20 ft so it is sufficient year around. Not sure on the grazing area size yet.

Brylee

5 Year Member
One is a male for sure and I'm pretty sure the other is female.

Slow and steady

S.E. Florida
Hi Brylee, I'm glad you're only looking in W. Virginia, 'cause I've got the other 49 states locked!:D
Really though, I've been looking for a leopard rescue for a few months to no avail. I ended up buying one last month. I'm looking forward to this spring/summer, as I expect there will be more torts available out there in tortoise land. Best of luck.

Brylee

5 Year Member
I'd be willing to drive into the surrounding states to get one but it seems like that won't do me much luck

Sophie Micinski

Wisconsin
So not looking to pay at all right? Cause I recently got a baby leopard (too young to sex) his/her name is Urie and I didn't know about not keeping different kinds of torts together so I'm trying to figure out either a different way to keep them or looking for someone to adopt but I'd need some money cause I paid too much unfortunately..