WANTED tortoise to adopt on East Coast USA

ShellAnn

Location (City and/or State)
Reading
Looking for a tortoise somewhere local so I don't have to stress them with shipping. I am in PA about an hour outside of Philly and willing to drive! I have family in NJ and MA making those states and anywhere in between, an even more worthwhile drive. I wish i could have a sulcata but unfortunately will not have the space until I move to a larger property (in the near future i hope). For now, looking for small to medium torts. Any age is fine! Much preference given to leopard or star torts =)

JMM

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Worcester, MA
Looking for a tortoise somewhere local so I don't have to stress them with shipping. I am in PA about an hour outside of Philly and willing to drive! I have family in NJ and MA making those states and anywhere in between, an even more worthwhile drive. I wish i could have a sulcata but unfortunately will not have the space until I move to a larger property (in the near future i hope). For now, looking for small to medium torts. Any age is fine! Much preference given to leopard or star torts =)
That's great that you are willing to adopt. Tortoises (usually Russian) are often posted on Craigslist--check the listings in all the areas you are willing to travel to. I recently saw this post in MA: