IVORY SULCATA THREAD: Aladar's Babies! (ULTRA PHOTO HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Happy Labor Day from the ITs! While IT-1 (R) and IT-3 (L) labor little over their Mazuri...
DSC_0142.JPG DSC_0143.JPG

IT-2 labors extensively just to down a dandelion! He hasn't touched Mazuri since he was 2 weeks old...and the size difference between him and the other two is very noticeable!
DSC_0129.JPG

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
IT-1 decided to poke his head out and see what's happening...
DSC_0184.JPG

then...suddenly...
DSC_0183.JPG

:rolleyes:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Funny! I just took this shot! We have family coming up for my wife's birthday this weekend, so I figured I'd cut the lawn! Normally, I'd let the torts do it for me...but I have to make exceptions when we're expecting company! Anyway, no sooner do I finish...then the ITs hit it! In case you're wondering...Monstro's soaking! He always gets in the way when I break out the mower...guess he figures it's battle!
DSC_0188.JPG

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
The ITs enjoying their endive and radicchio...
DSC_0255.JPG
IT-1
DSC_0242.JPG
IT-2
DSC_0248.JPG

IT-3DSC_0250.JPG
...and just when you thought you'd get away from this thread without IT-2 pulling off one of his antics...tada !
DSC_0253.JPG

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
OMG!! OMG!!! IT-2 is just TOO much!!
That is SO hilarious!!!! :p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
For those of you just tuning in...and those that have stuck with this thing for the past four months...time to (re)acquaint you with the ITs. Today, they turn four months old...and it's raining!

IT-1 2.88" 93 grams
DSC_0262.JPG

IT-2 2.33" 49 grams
DSC_0257.JPG

IT-3 2.64" 78 grams
DSC_0265.JPG

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hey, DeanS- I have a question.

On another thread there was considerable discussion about possibly determining gender in very young torts by the way they hold their tails. It seems that many female torts had ALWAYS walked with their tails down, even from babyhood/hatchling hood; and the ones who turned out to be males had ALWAYS walked with their tails tucked to the side, even from the beginning.
Can you see how each of the ITs holds their tails?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Hey, DeanS- I have a question.

On another thread there was considerable discussion about possibly determining gender in very young torts by the way they hold their tails. It seems that many female torts had ALWAYS walked with their tails down, even from babyhood/hatchling hood; and the ones who turned out to be males had ALWAYS walked with their tails tucked to the side, even from the beginning.
Can you see how each of the ITs holds their tails?

I don't buy into that theory...yet! But judging from what I've seen, that would make IT-2 my only male.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I don't buy into that theory...yet! But judging from what I've seen, that would make IT-2 my only male.
Well, he seems to be the CHARACTER of the bunch, so that works for me!!!:) :) :p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Here they are on a Wednesday morning bask 'n' soak! They are literally in order (l to r) IT-1, IT-2 and IT-3. The water is a little higher than I would like...but, any lower, they flip over. This level prevents flipping, keeps them a tad cooler...and I never leave them unattended!
DSC_0287.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.