IVORY SULCATA THREAD: Aladar's Babies! (ULTRA PHOTO HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great camera eye and fast speed. Those are some great shots. It's fun watching these guys grow and they have such personality. You do a great job catching it too.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Awesome pictures :) Sooooooooooooooooooooo cute :)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Saturday morning silliness!

IT-1 plays host to...you guessed it...a fly! This one sticks around, for awhile!
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

IT-2 enjoys an early graze! Funny thing! At only 45 grams, his zest for feeding upends him...but he gets the last laugh!
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG

IT-3 wants nothing to do with any of this nonsense! So, he beats a hasty retreat and watches from afar...until he bores himself to sleep...
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG

Flipper

MO, USA
I'm very happy you were able to find Rambo after It was missing all night! :<3::tort::D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Today was Farmers' Market Day! Well...sort of! You my recall a couple months back I made an acquaintance at the Lancaster Blvd Farmers' Market...and purchased some excellent endive, escarole and radicchio! Well, we exchanged numbers and they said I could pick some up whenever I wanted...well, I just got back and treated the ITs (and someone else) to a smorgasbord of perfect leaves...

BUFFET!
DSC_0008.JPG
IT-1
DSC_0041.JPG
IT-2
DSC_0045.JPG
IT-3
DSC_0037.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OMG, these guys are a riot. They have the most/best personality that just shines through your pics.

alisha.fern

Awwww I'm so sad! All of your captions look like they go to beautiful photos, but it's telling me all the links are broken & won't show me pics. :(

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Score at the farmers market (sort of) lol!
No 'sort of'...it is a...real score. Now, I can drive straight to these folks' home and hand pick what I want from their garden...and NOT have to hassle all the idiots on the BLVD! :p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Awwww I'm so sad! All of your captions look like they go to beautiful photos, but it's telling me all the links are broken & won't show me pics. :(

I'm guessing you're using the phone app...and your carrier doesn't open the links! Try your PC and refresh (F5) if they still don't show!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Here are some early morning shots of the ITs using the sandstone pavers and overgrown grass huts I've been working on for over two years. The Sudans loved 'em and it now seems only appropriate that the ITs take up where the Sudans left off. I spent most of yesterday manicuring the shape, reinforcing the fence line (to prevent escapes), etc....and they were watching inquisitively. Today, it paid off each one was on a stone moments after I set them out...

NOTE: If you look closely, you'll see that IT-2 has brown eyes and IT-3 has hazel eyes.

IT-1
DSC_0059 (5).JPG DSC_0061 (5).JPG DSC_0064 (5).JPG
IT-2
DSC_0068 (4).JPG DSC_0076 (5).JPG DSC_0077 (3).JPG
IT-3
DSC_0050 (4).JPG DSC_0054 (5).JPG DSC_0055 (5).JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They don't seem shy at all. It's good that you're humanizing them at a young age.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Here's an overview of two of the three areas I manicured so the ITs could use them as humid hides...

DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0002.JPG

Today, I actually caught one underneath...FYI...I hose down the top of the overgrowth, allowing water to trickle in (rather than gush)!
DSC_0088.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.