is spagnum moss okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
this morning I notice that meter chew on some spagnum moss inside his hide box, is it okay? I only knew that spagnum moss are good substrate to keep the humidity

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would keep him well hydrated until he passes....that is if he has consumed more than a bite or two....:D

You have other substrate right? I mean, you are not using only the that stringy moss?

jhongsen

5 Year Member
Indonesia
the substrate that I used is coco coir , the spagnum moss are located inside his hide box.. out side of his hide are coconut coir , I always keep him hydrate but maybe the reason he eat the spagnum moss is because he didn't like his meal this morning.. so he chew some spagnum moss.. and my question is it safe?

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Sphagnum moss is ok, it all depends if your tort is eating alot or a little. A little bit is not going to hurt but you dont want him eating alot. I have been using it for years and my torts have never eaten it

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
ascott said:
I would keep him well hydrated until he passes....that is if he has consumed more than a bite or two....:D

You have other substrate right? I mean, you are not using only the that stringy moss?

I quite often have used the long fibred sphagnum moss by itself as a substrate for boxies. It works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.