I think it snowed!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
And you should feel guilty. At least until everyone here gets back to their normal temps😝
Seriously though, I can't do the 90's. I can handle the cold great, but not the heat.
Me too! Cold you can snuggle with dogs under blankets. Anything in 90s is the worst weather.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Oh wow. So the state that does highways and main thru ways plow your village roads or they just don't get plowed?
You get a lot of snow each year don't ya? At least a few weeks of it?
State and county do the highways and country roads. In the village, usually farmers do it. If under a few inches, it's pretty much left alone. Pays to drive a truck. Lol

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
The only reason I don't set my furnace higher than 90 is that it won't let me.
90 and over is just wonderful. Feel the warm ocean breeze caress your face, hold your head up and breathe the tropical sunlight and blue sky...and then, best of all: Get Back Inside to your Air Conditioned Office.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
90 and over is just wonderful. Feel the warm ocean breeze caress your face, hold your head up and breathe the tropical sunlight and blue sky...and then, best of all: Get Back Inside to your Air Conditioned Office.
See I never understand folks who claim to like 90s and then use AC.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I'm with you @TammyJ . I WFH and keep my home office in the high 70s/low 80s. I think that's prefect temps, and I like outside when its in the 80s and 90s. I rarely have on AC unless i have guests over, or its above like 85 in the house

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm with you. If those 90's are so great and easy to live with, why use AC.
Now, 90's on the ocean, I can deal with that. There usually is a cooling ocean breeze, plus I love the ocean. I'll deal with anything if I'm on an ocean. Even 80 or more in AZ isn't as bad as it's a dry heat. When you have those temps and high humidity, forget it.
I do hate snow, but the cooler temps, not a problem.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I can never understand people that think they like being cold. I'd rather look at this than be in it IMG_20240119_162449932_HDR.jpgand some have deeper stuff than me. I'll bet they go in to get warm in front of a 90° fireplace 🥶🔥

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just seen Nebraska on the news. More snow and snow squall's, looks terrible.
Lower Indiana, they got dumped about 20 inches just over night and it's still coming down. Highways there a mess. They are in a snow belt.
We only got about an inch inch and half last night.
So over this snow and cold, minus temps again tonight with wind chill.
Weekend looking good though and next week, yay.
Stay safe there Jacqui. Don't know what part of Nebraska they were getting hit, but likely you are.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I can never understand people that think they like being cold. I'd rather look at this than be in it View attachment 365475and some have deeper stuff than me. I'll bet they go in to get warm in front of a 90° fireplace 🥶🔥
Or people who claim to like cold weather and then turn on the heaters! Just kidding 😂

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Or people who claim to like cold weather and then turn on the heaters! Just kidding 😂
And well I enjoy being in both extremes for a bit.😊 just a bit and then I'm so glad I have amenities.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm with you @TammyJ . I WFH and keep my home office in the high 70s/low 80s. I think that's prefect temps, and I like outside when its in the 80s and 90s. I rarely have on AC unless i have guests over, or its above like 85 in the house
That's my favorite temps too. I never had to use ac much in Florida. Besides that I was cold and had to use long underwear in the winter. After the seasonal rain every day in the summer it cooled off pretty much in the swamp so I was good. It was cooler in the evenings than Ohio.😊