I eventually backed down.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Love the second pic, though - you may/may not know - I'm scared to death of dogs! :(

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Come on over to my house Gillian, you'll soon get over the fear of any animals. It's like a zoo here. :D. Winnie, what a name, how am I supposed to shout WINNIE and keep a manly voice. Lol.
Lucky you!:D Wish I could.;) A couple of days ago I was outside with Oli, and a gentleman came along with a.....GERMAN SHEPARD! What a fright I got. I immediately picked up Oli :<3: and ran far. I do not know how to get rid of this fear, and I've a feeling I won't be able to.:( No, I'm not pessimistic: this is reality.;)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Start by dealing with small dogs that just want to play and then work your way up to bigger dogs.
You said that not many folks in Jordan have friendly dogs. Most are guard dogs?
It might actually be wise to fear them.
A good idea, Ed, though there are not many here in Jordan. Those who have dogs are the....filthy rich and they buy dogs to have them protect their villas, luxurious cars and property. :rolleyes: These dogs are not pets, right? Just like the German Shepard I saw.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First dog we've ever had, so much to learn.
Oh boy. It will be an adventure. Family consistency in training is the easiest and fastest advice I can give. It will all be worth it though. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for advice. There are a few of us that have dog training back grounds on the forum.
Oh and it's not mean or cruel to crate a dog at night or while gone. Never use it for punishment though.

HuskyDaneMom

Super cutie! I happen to love the smoosh-faced breeds, having had an English Bulldog for almost 10 months now.

A couple pieces of advice...
A tired dog is a well-behaved dog.
Consistency! Don't let her do anything now that you don't want her to do as an adult.
And, know what special care the breed may require. Even having researched English Bulldogs, the reality has been surprising. Know what to watch for.

Best of luck!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
She is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I wish my kids would talk my husband into getting a dog
Pearls, it sounds like you need to be more tactful when asking your hubby for another pet.
Get him drunk, whilst filming him ask for the pet, following day go out and get the pet. When he start moaning, show him the film. Job done. ;). I've promised all sorts to Dawn whilst intoxicated. :mad: