I eventually backed down.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Pearls, it sounds like you need to be more tactful when asking your hubby for another pet.
Get him drunk, whilst filming him ask for the pet, following day go out and get the pet. When he start moaning, show him the film. Job done. ;). I've promised all sorts to Dawn whilst intoxicated. :mad:
Love it! When I first saw just the "tactful" part, I was getting ready to reply:"tactful my..." but then saw the rest of your post. I went completely off booze 1.5 yr ago and my husband won't do it without my companion now. So that option is out the window.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Love it! When I first saw just the "tactful" part, I was getting ready to reply:"tactful my..." but then saw the rest of your post. I went completely off booze 1.5 yr ago and my husband won't do it without my companion now. So that option is out the window.
Off booze, completely. :eek:. Now I know why he won't let you have any more pets. :p

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Off booze, completely. :eek:. Now I know why he won't let you have any more pets. :p
It's not that he "forbids" me from getting pets, though he'd like to think he could do that. He just nags!!! Man! There's just no end to that yapping about the damn cats or now the torts! And the point is that if I want a cat, I'll get me a damn cat! We've had cats for 22 yrs and he is the only one in this house going around with cat hair stuck to his face. Me kisses on Maxi every single day playing with him, yet insists that "even today he'd give him up go figure! And they say that females are temperamental and complicated...

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It's not that he "forbids" me from getting pets, though he'd like to think he could do that. He just nags!!! Man! There's just no end to that yapping about the damn cats or now the torts! And the point is that if I want a cat, I'll get me a damn cat! We've had cats for 22 yrs and he is the only one in this house going around with cat hair stuck to his face. Me kisses on Maxi every single day playing with him, yet insists that "even today he'd give him up go figure! And they say that females are temperamental and complicated...
Yes, they do say that, cousin.
I wonder why.........??
;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
She is beautiful Craig. Lots of love, cuddles and walks and she will be a great family dog.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Yesss, I've eventually knackered Winnie out. Took 3 weeks but I did it. :D. Can't believe the energy levels.
IMG_20160819_232814.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
She is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I wish my kids would talk my husband into getting a dog
Start a new thread of why your husband should let your family have a dog. I'm sure we all can come up with all the reasons why every child and family should own a dog. They are truly a pet that everyone will enjoy if the research for the right fit is done.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yesss, I've eventually knackered Winnie out. Took 3 weeks but I did it. :D. Can't believe the energy levels.
View attachment 184188
They do have lots of energy. It will be a while, years before she loses it. But, oh so worth it. The best friend you will ever have. Will always listen quietly, will also be glad to have you around and will always steal a piece of your heart and so much more. So adorable.

Fredkas

5 Year Member
Left is pug.
Right is french bulldog.
They look same.
I love pug. Had 3 a while back. :D
Winnie have stand up ear?
images

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Ok, in our house we don't do 'normal'.

Anyone else got a dog that sleeps with its eyes wide open and snores worse than your grandad.(come on, all grandads snore). :D

HuskyDaneMom

I have an English Bulldog. His eyes are usually closed when he sleeps, but his snore is proportionally louder since he is probably twice or more her size. The question is whether his gas is proportionally smellier?