How soft is too soft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I can't help you. However, if you haven't, check out the threads below in my post. One of the right ways to raise a healthy, smooth sulcata

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
I can tell you my hatchling Russians shells weren't what I would call soft. A better word would be pliable and my five months shell still gives a little when pushed.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
Laurie said:
I can tell you my hatchling Russians shells weren't what I would call soft. A better word would be pliable and my five months shell still gives a little when pushed.

Ok, that's exactly how Oogway's is... Definitely not soft, but if you press the middle of his plastron or sides of his carapace, it gives slightly... Kind of like plexiglass (for lack of better words lol)

wellington said:
I can't help you. However, if you haven't, check out the threads below in my post. One of the right ways to raise a healthy, smooth sulcata

I actually have read your threads, and then re-read accordingly ;) lol... Thank u for all your info and help :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I always say it should be leathery, and you don't need to worry, unless it starts going soft, otherwise just provide sunshine and calcium.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I wish they were my threads. However, they are Tom's great threads. They worked great for me, so I try to pass them on to whoever will listen:D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like some of the descriptive words we are coming up with in this thread. It is so hard to describe so many things via the written word.

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
wellington said:
I wish they were my threads. However, they are Tom's great threads. They worked great for me, so I try to pass them on to whoever will listen:D

Oops, I should have wrote "everyone's threads" instead of "yours"... I actually ment all the threads ;) but u have helped answer my questions too, like this one lol ;) and I thank u for that

dmmj said:
I always say it should be leathery, and you don't need to worry, unless it starts going soft, otherwise just provide sunshine and calcium.

Ok, I was just wondering because the weather hasn't been great for at least 2 weeks and was relying solely on my UVB lamp, so I started checking his shell... Would "bad soft" be in small areas or all around?

Jacqui said:
I like some of the descriptive words we are coming up with in this thread. It is so hard to describe so many things via the written word.

I agree :) Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.