Henry

froggyraine

With Henry shell not been smooth because of UV etc now he's in the right set up and still only 4 will this improve and smooth out guys ?

spud's_mum

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
With Henry shell not been smooth because of UV etc now he's in the right set up and still only 4 will this improve and smooth out guys ?
Once he has his humidity right, substrate, uv, calcium etc then he will grow smoothly from now on.
It will never go smooth completely but he will grow smoothly from now on and smooth out a bit. Just not fully smooth.

froggyraine

Cannot believe how much Henry's shell has improved in the last month or so with the better lighting actually shocked at how quickly it's improving

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Glad to hear that. But I agree with those who said......pics please!

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Btw guys tomorrow I'm changing his substrate thinking a soil mix any good ?
We've already had the conversation about substrate. Soil mix can mean anything from bagged disaster full of dangerous additives to something very suitable.

Exactly. It really matters what kind of soil you use, where you got it from, and what is added to it.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
A natural soil sand mix from the breeder I got him from
Nooooo no sand. It is an impaction risk. Peat moss or coco fiber mixed with sphagnum moss is good, orchid bark is good, reptibark (sp?) is good, organic soil with absolutely no additives like pesticides or fertilizers or those little colored balls they put in potting soil is okay. I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Homebase do a sterilised top soil - but that could be too messy on it's own when humidity added.
Weren't some recommended in your thread about his enclosure before?

froggyraine

I scrapped the soil idea and I've bought a forest terrain with wood for better humidity