Hello! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

SynysterShadows1213

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Florida
Hello everyone,

My name is Mary and I am now a mommy for beautiful Sulcata hatchling. I bought her off of beackwaterreptiles and she just arrived this afternoon :)

I haven't named her yet, still thinking...

I live in northern Florida, currently in college to studying to become a Veterinarian. My father is a Vet and my brother is currently studying as well to become one. Sort of the family of Vets....

Anyways, I'm new here and just wanted to say "Hi" to all and if you have any info or tips to give with my new hatchling don't hesistate to speak up.

Happy Holidays!!!!

~Mary

414066_10151305671039316_70366303_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:) :tort: Hi!!! Congrats on your new little one and welcome to TFO! When your finished with school, do you think you will be doing any tortoise vetting?

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
Hi, you have a nice looking lil one! People on here are a lot of help and there are really helpful caresheets from Tom, Dean and several others.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) check out the threads at the bottom of my post. Toms, and they are great for raising a sulcata.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mary and welcome to the Forum!

We have a great need of vets who understand turtles and tortoises and mainly what they need in the way of daily care. I hope this field interest you.

SynysterShadows1213

5 Year Member
Northern Florida
Jacqui said:
:) :tort: Hi!!! Congrats on your new little one and welcome to TFO! When your finished with school, do you think you will be doing any tortoise vetting?

I'm not sure what I'll specialize in, but I do know I will be doing a mixed practice (large/small animals, exotics, etc.). I've never really seen or met many Vets who deal with Reptiles and such and since that interests me, I'll definitely be working my way up and studying in that area along with the other dogs/cats/horses etc. Not many Vets do a mixed practice, but I believe you should at least have that basic understanding with other species even if you're not geared towards them. It will be a lot of work but worth it :)

emysemys said:

We have a great need of vets who understand turtles and tortoises and mainly what they need in the way of daily care. I hope this field interest you.

It certainly interests me and like I explained to Jacqui I haven't seen or met many Vets that even touch Reptiles period, so I think I will change that trend ha.

wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) check out the threads at the bottom of my post. Toms, and they are great for raising a sulcata.

Thank you so much this really helped. I've had turtles before but never really a tortoise. I have done much research and my brother had worked with a man Richard Pritchard who is a turtle/tortoise biologist (read his research as well). It helped but like with any new critter you always worry and want to make sure your pet is healthy and to keep it that way.

SynysterShadows1213

5 Year Member
Northern Florida
Jacqui said:

I'm not sure what I'll specialize in, but I do know I will be doing a mixed practice (large/small animals, exotics, etc.). I've never really seen or met many Vets who deal with Reptiles and such and since that interests me, I'll definitely be working my way up and studying in that area along with the other dogs/cats/horses etc. Not many Vets do a mixed practice, but I believe you should at least have that basic understanding with other species even if you're not geared towards them. It will be a lot of work but worth it :)

emysemys said:

It certainly interests me and like I explained to Jacqui I haven't seen or met many Vets that even touch Reptiles period, so I think I will change that trend ha.

wellington said:

Thank you so much this really helped. I've had turtles before but never really a tortoise. I have done much research and my brother had worked with a man Richard Pritchard who is a turtle/tortoise biologist (read his research as well). It helped but like with any new critter you always worry and want to make sure your pet is healthy and to keep it that way.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome..you picked a good one..i love sulcatas..im sure you will also. Below my signature there are some helpful threads on raising your new little buddy..good luck.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Hello Mary. That will be great, you will be a lot of help to forum once you graduated as full vet :D

Status
Not open for further replies.