Texas Tortoise mommy

Carly abernathy

Hello from Texas,
I am a new mommy to a 1 year old Sulcata spurred Tortouise named little foot. And just purchased my boyfriend a 3 month old was well. Any tips and advice on hatchlings is much appreciated as I am new to this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Carly!

Please be sure to read the threads at the top of the Sulcata section. A couple of the highlights: Keep them warm and moist (like under the monsoon conditions they hatch during), and never keep two tortoises together. Tortoises are solitary animals and neither want nor need companionship. Two in the same habitat most often ends with fighting or with the less dominant tortoise hiding all the time, stops eating and eventually dies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Carly abernathy

Welcome to the Forum, Carly!

Please be sure to read the threads at the top of the Sulcata section. A couple of the highlights: Keep them warm and moist (like under the monsoon conditions they hatch during), and never keep two tortoises together. Tortoises are solitary animals and neither want nor need companionship. Two in the same habitat most often ends with fighting or with the less dominant tortoise hiding all the time, stops eating and eventually dies.
Thank you! I certainly will.

Carly abernathy

Carly abernathy

I thought about that when I was writing it. Lol. I guess he kind of is now since he has been adopted into a Texan family.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Carly and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and little foot.:)