growing vege

Status
Not open for further replies.

HtVic

5 Year Member
Hii
I am trying to grow some plants and vegetable
however, it has been almost a month from I sow seed, and they didn't grow much, also they didnt grow the way they should. so can anyone tell me what did i do wrong?
there are baby lettuce, panise

Attachments

• IMG00170-20120402-2256.jpg
    IMG00170-20120402-2256.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG00171-20120402-2256.jpg
    IMG00171-20120402-2256.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG00173-20120402-2257.jpg
    IMG00173-20120402-2257.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG00172-20120402-2256.jpg
    IMG00172-20120402-2256.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 11

HtVic

5 Year Member
yea, they been growing indoor
but its still cold outside, so I didn't put them on the balcony
I think it was like 10-13C during the day, and 0-5 at night today

I thought pansy is indoor plant

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California

Pansies like the sun but the cooler fall type weather....petunias like the warm and sun (sun at least 6-8 hours a day).

You know, I tried my butt off last year to get some pansies to grow...well lets say I planted 12 little starter pots and only one sprouted....one sad little suffering sprout who later laid over and simply gave up...so essentially, one birth and one casualty all in a weeks time....now, petunias did well here--however I did not plant them from seed ( I planted, let them grow all season and then they died off down to the ground and yesterday I had one petunia flower from one of the plants that actually made it and is growing this season----well, Ghamara was the lucky CDT that got that first bloom :p)

See, we have full sun here alot of the time---love it :D But the plants are not as thrilled when forced to be here....however, lets say if I plant 10 of one type of plant I am grateful if I have 2 that are here the next season and if it does make it then it is rooted well and usually will continue to due fine....unless those little bas*@$d gophers seek and destroy it....ugh.

I would say that you can try to grow wheatgrass and sprouts indoors, or you can go with artificial grow lights and you will likely have success...however, if you get the right grow light set up you can basically grow tons of stuff....I do not have a green thumb, so I try to figure what things I can grow by reaching into the seed packet and throwing the seeds all over the damn place then soaking the seeds until they sink into the dirt and if they want to survive-- they better grow because that is all I do these days...( I have dug so many holes and planted so many things just for the bas*@$d gophers to later come by and have a free meal as a result of my efforts...forget them---) so most things now a days need to be done from seeds here....wow, sorry--went off on a crazy lady rambling spell....lol :D

HtVic

5 Year Member
dude, you always teach me new things, learn alot from you
i had grow grass successfully before, I wanna grow some flower and put it inside the enclosure
I think I will wait for another month or two, when the temp goes up, I will put them outside, they can get as much as sun light they want...
what should I do with those already sprouted, they couldn't grow any further anyways, I guess.
I picked some of them out today

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:

Pansies like the sun but the cooler fall type weather....petunias like the warm and sun (sun at least 6-8 hours a day).

You know, I tried my butt off last year to get some pansies to grow...well lets say I planted 12 little starter pots and only one sprouted....one sad little suffering sprout who later laid over and simply gave up...so essentially, one birth and one casualty all in a weeks time....now, petunias did well here--however I did not plant them from seed ( I planted, let them grow all season and then they died off down to the ground and yesterday I had one petunia flower from one of the plants that actually made it and is growing this season----well, Ghamara was the lucky CDT that got that first bloom :p)

See, we have full sun here alot of the time---love it :D But the plants are not as thrilled when forced to be here....however, lets say if I plant 10 of one type of plant I am grateful if I have 2 that are here the next season and if it does make it then it is rooted well and usually will continue to due fine....unless those little bas*@$d gophers seek and destroy it....ugh.

I would say that you can try to grow wheatgrass and sprouts indoors, or you can go with artificial grow lights and you will likely have success...however, if you get the right grow light set up you can basically grow tons of stuff....I do not have a green thumb, so I try to figure what things I can grow by reaching into the seed packet and throwing the seeds all over the damn place then soaking the seeds until they sink into the dirt and if they want to survive-- they better grow because that is all I do these days...( I have dug so many holes and planted so many things just for the bas*@$d gophers to later come by and have a free meal as a result of my efforts...forget them---) so most things now a days need to be done from seeds here....wow, sorry--went off on a crazy lady rambling spell....lol :D

I guess u dont like gophers:D:D:D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Ughhh, they are so irritating...I actually planted a bunch of plants a few seasons back (and if you have ever had the pleasure of digging holes in the concrete like clay dirt like we have here--you know that alone is a task) was so proud of the plant lay out...had big plans of how sweet the plants would be for the tort enclosure----yeah well, so a few days later I am outside watching Haus walk around and out of the corner of my eye I see one of the newly planted plants wiggle and jiggle--so now I turn and look at the plant---as I am watching mind you---poof, it is literally sucked into the earth (like a cartoon) and gone....only the whole was left...those little jerks yanked each and every one of the plants I planted straight into their little tunnels of plant death....so yeah, it would be safe to say they irritate me....lol :p:p:p:p:p

what should I do with those already sprouted,

LOL...if you can do it, you can just let them go? I on the other hand am too OCD---I just can not bring myself to ever throw out a plant that has even one green leaf on it....I can only imagine the poor thing in the dark stinky trash can ---so, I pour some more water on it and hope for the best....sometimes a miracle happens and other times it is polite to me and just lays down and dies all on its own....terrible, I know.:rolleyes:

edit; hole :p

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:

Ughhh, they are so irritating...I actually planted a bunch of plants a few seasons back (and if you have ever had the pleasure of digging holes in the concrete like clay dirt like we have here--you know that alone is a task) was so proud of the plant lay out...had big plans of how sweet the plants would be for the tort enclosure----yeah well, so a few days later I am outside watching Haus walk around and out of the corner of my eye I see one of the newly planted plants wiggle and jiggle--so now I turn and look at the plant---as I am watching mind you---poof, it is literally sucked into the earth (like a cartoon) and gone....only the whole was left...those little jerks yanked each and every one of the plants I planted straight into their little tunnels of plant death....so yeah, it would be safe to say they irritate me....lol :p:p:p:p:p

what should I do with those already sprouted,

LOL...if you can do it, you can just let them go? I on the other hand am too OCD---I just can not bring myself to ever throw out a plant that has even one green leaf on it....I can only imagine the poor thing in the dark stinky trash can ---so, I pour some more water on it and hope for the best....sometimes a miracle happens and other times it is polite to me and just lays down and dies all on its own....terrible, I know.:rolleyes:

edit; hole :p

Ya I guess you cant plant new plants if they are gonna just eat them.
Smoke em out

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Smoke em out

I have thought about this....and it may come to that...but the only thing that pops in my mind is...so if I smoke em out won't they just run off and go into the ground in another place? Likely right back into my property....lololololol....when I get really irritated and see one of the buggers pop his head out of the ground and totally stare at me...I go grab my dog and put her on a leash and we terrorize them back...we never get em but it sure makes me feel better, for like a day or two until the little butt pops up somewhere else...:p

The neighbor has suddenly let a bunch of cats go near their house--which means now I have cats on our property as well...the other day I watched one of the big cats kittens pouncing on a fresh gopher hole and shoving its arm all the way down the hole...so my hope is that the gophers will go elsewhere...not thrilled about a gazillion cats around but hey...if they take care of some of the population that would be alright...and it is totally just nature being nature...so that I am alright with :D

Status
Not open for further replies.