Golden Greek Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus113

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!
I am not new to this site, I am just a new member! My name is Kellie, from Buffalo NY! I have a Golden Greek yearling, and he is my second tort, my very first one my parents got me for this past Christmas and i only had the 2 month old Russian for 2 days, unfortunately he passed due to a respiratory infection from poor care from the place we got him from. This new Golden i got in January and he has been a healthy little playful silly tort for 8 months! Recently, this past week his eye has become very cloudy, and you can tell that it is bothering him as he keeps rubbing it and he has become very lethargic, im not sure if this is something that the tortoise eye drops i have been giving him can fix or what i need to do! Please help!
Kellie

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello kellie welcome to the TFO they most likely are going to ask for a picture of the tort in its pen. A picture is worth a thousand words !

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Zeus113 said:
Hello everyone!
I am not new to this site, I am just a new member! My name is Kellie, from Buffalo NY! ...Recently, this past week his eye has become very cloudy, and you can tell that it is bothering him as he keeps rubbing it and he has become very lethargic, im not sure if this is something that the tortoise eye drops i have been giving him can fix or what i need to do! Please help!
Kellie

Hi Kellie. Sorry to hear about your first tort and what you're going thru with your current little guy.

What type of lighting do you have for him? If it's the CFL coil type, you'll need to replace it. They are known to cause damage to reptile eyes. The fluorescent tubes are ok, though. Hope the little guy feels better soon. Take care.

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Hermann's [TURTLE][TURTLE] & Aussie [DOG FACE][DOG FACE][DOG FACE] (@YWG)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kellie, and welcome to the Forum!

Usually a cloudy-looking eye is damage to the surface (scar tissue). This could have been caused by something rubbing on the eye, or a scratch, etc. It would be soothing to his eye if you could find some antibiotic eye ointment for him.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What kind is substrate are you using? If it's something that's causing irritation in his eyes, you need to find another type of substrate. We do need to know if you are using a coil bulb for uvb because it can cause eye damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.