Expected Delivery from Garden State Tortoise

sickboy77

Location (City and/or State)
Mayberry, nc
I paid for the tortoise in June, he said they should be ready in July, well here it is October and nothing, I did see in 1 of his many videos that the western hermanns that he was showing are all spoken for, how can this be, such poor customer service, my tortoise enclosure is all set up ready to go, but no tortoise
I just emailed him again, I will email him every day until he responds, I wish I had his phone number

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc
I don't think he will rip you off. However, I am very surprised at how he is running his tortoise selling business, very poorly
If it were me, I would keep trying on a daily basis. Whatever form of getting thru to him I would do on a daily basis.
So sorry this is happening. I sure won't recommend him any more.
I just emailed him again, yes I will email him every day until he responds, he responded before he went to Florida, said he will start shipping the Wednesday after he got back, he asked for my address, but nothing more, wish I had his phone number lol

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
@sickboy77 , Do you have his FB page? If so message him there too. I'll go find the link I'm pretty sure it is his FB page I keep seeing on my feed.

Here's the link, check out if it is the right guy and message him on FB too.

Last edited:

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc
@sickboy77 , Do you have his FB page? If so message him there too. I'll go find the link I'm pretty sure it is his FB page I keep seeing on my feed.

I just recieved an email from a Dominic, who takes care of answering emails in their absence, apparently there was a death in the family and he acknowledged that delivery of the tortoises is very late, so apparently Chris will get with all who are waiting here soon, that's the latest, 10/19 ~9:30pm

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc

I just recieved an email from a Dominic, who takes care of answering emails in their absence, apparently there was a death in the family and he acknowledged that delivery of the tortoises is very late, so apparently Chris will get with all who are waiting here soon, that's the latest, 10/19 ~9:30pm

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Well that is good you finally heard back, Dominic seems to have been slacking on checking emails. Sorry that Chris had a death in the family. I recently lost my mother unexpectedly and it can throw things out of whack.

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc

Well that is good you finally heard back, Dominic seems to have been slacking on checking emails. Sorry that Chris had a death in the family. I recently lost my mother unexpectedly and it can throw things out of whack.
No doubt, I won't ever hold something like that over someone's head, hopefully everyone that's expecting a tortoise will see this thread so they know what's going on, thank you

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is very sad if true. However, unless someone else does the posting on his FB page, a video was posted 2 and 4 hours ago. Hmmm🤔

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc
That is very sad if true. However, unless someone else does the posting on his FB page, a video was posted 2 and 4 hours ago. Hmmm🤔
Hmmm, this experience has been very negative, but where else can you find this kind of specimen at the price he sells them at, I'll post when i finally get mine

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hmmm, this experience has been very negative, but where else can you find this kind of specimen at the price he sells them at, I'll post when i finally get mine
I'm hoping it's all legit as far as the excuse, as sad as it is. Just seems a bit off that there's videos.
Yes,please let us know.

sickboy77

Mayberry, nc
I'm hoping it's all legit as far as the excuse, as sad as it is. Just seems a bit off that there's videos.
Yes,please let us know.
The last video I noticed was from 4 days ago, so he should have been sending out tortoises up to that time, ugh, so irritated lol, goodnight

BajatheChickenMan

West Virginia
I'm new here but been reading these older threads involving these youtubers. I definitely had my doubts about most of them and the information they gave but the Garden State channel seemed legit. After having read everything here including Toms care guide, I'd say this guy is sincere but has far too many irons in the fire. In fact it seems like all these youtubers involving animal husbandry have way too much going on and not enough focus on their animals. Listening to him talk in various videos he also has several jobs for state and wildlife so I'm guessing he's sleeping like 4 hours a night and then he's busy making videos all day long. Seems like he needs to make some decisions to downsize his life a bit or hire more people.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
Hi all,

It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been on here, to say the least. Our little tortoise venture has taken us on quite the ride as a family over the last few years which has been amazing but it’s been one heck of a transition to get used to.

For that, I want to thank those who have been incredibly patient and so awesome to us as you wait or waited for your animals. I’ll admit that 2022-2023 brought many new challenges as things grew for us and our “help” didn’t quite work out.

It seems that those of you on this thread that had concerns have received your animals and we’ve been communicating regularly.

As for us, yes, we have a lot going on but we are managing it all well, now. It’s been a learning curve. GST will continue as a rescue, breeding facility, educational outlet and conservation hub moving well into the future, and we will always do all we can to play all of those sides. I’ll be traveling to other countries this year to speak at various tortoise symposiums, but we have a more solid plan than we ever have to make sure everything is taken care of.

While I can’t spend the time I used to on TFO, I am on email as much as I can be moving forward and dedicated to every aspect of this career. I still have many threads on care and identification on here and @Tom has some good info in these threads you can read too. In addition, we have websites and daily/weekly videos on our social media platforms out there on care and more. We aren’t some kid YouTuber, we’re heavily educational which allows for a wide, global audience. This in return can help these animals immensely as far as proper care goes. Many of you veterans on here know all too well how bad husbandry still is in most cases.

So, one more time, thank you to those who have stuck with us and I do deeply apologize for delays, etc.

It’s always been and always be about the animals and the education behind them, first and foremost.

Chris