Does my tort look sick

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mansfield Nottinghamshire United kingdom
can people tell me if my Clyde looks poorly as his eyes and noes look whitish or is this normal for a Russian

Attachments

• IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    538.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1450.JPG
    IMG_1450.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 35

Bee62

Germany
Hello Laura,

I can see nothing unnormal or a reason to be worried about your Clyde from the pictures.
He looks healthy in my eyes.

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Why would you think he was sick? Nothing on your pics stands out to me? Is he acting sick?
Just been makin a little poopping/tutting like sound for about 6 weeks still wee and poo still comin out to eat some days more then others but spending a lot of time in his hide box and just wanted experienced tort keepers to c if anything jumped out at them wen lookin at homie eyes noes

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Judging health from photos is not easily done nor really advisable. We can't say if that is a healthy tortoise or not by looking at a picture.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
If you think he may be ill, probably be a good idea to take him for a checkup at a good reptile vet.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Just been makin a little poopping/tutting like sound for about 6 weeks still wee and poo still comin out to eat some days more then others but spending a lot of time in his hide box and just wanted experienced tort keepers to c if anything jumped out at them wen lookin at homie eyes noes
Is there any discharge from his nose? And what are the day and nightime temps inside his "tortie house"? My babies often make sounds, breathing and others. Sometimes they kinda "whistle" and when i get them under good light in their bath for thei coco oil rub/slash/check up, I often see some dried up food particles dried up on a side of the face partially covering one nostril. Get a good light and take a good look during a bath when things are wet and soft. Try to look inside the mouth too

Last edited:

Laura1412

5 Year Member
No pearl no discharge no mucus eyes clear black very alert eating daily some days only tiny amount some days a lot more his nite temps are 22/23c his substrate is slightly moist that if I squeeze it together some of holds shape some crumbles no water drips from it his humidity is 55/60% in his main enclosure 66% in his hide his temps are 24/25c cold side 26/27c middle basking temp 35c