My tort is not well

Kasia

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
I ant put it in yet it's just in bucket waiting for the 2nd worm treatment next week before I put it in yea went back to vets my Clyde got a very small area on one lung that looks like lower ri/pneumonia waiting for blood results to come back to c what his white blood cells are showing and also to check his liver and kidneys :(
I am sending electronic hugs to Clyde :)

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Mansfield Nottinghamshire United kingdom
Let him get some strength back
Thanks ed not sure if u can c as it's hard but on the last 2 pics I put on his as got like whitish dry stuff on his face and I'm unsure what it is I thought at first is it calcium powder but he dint have any on his food yesterday and it was on his face again wen I took him out this morning what could it possibly be could it be something from his eyes running and dryin on his noes is always dry and clear wen I take him out his hide to bath

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yea Linda it's fromshelled warriors because all fresh weeds he won't eat any so I thought to try this on top of his supermarket greens at least he would be getting some goodness
You have to go for some tough love and take it very slowly with introducing new foods

Imagine you're the parent of a child that only wants chips and chocolate. You know that can't happen. You also know the child won't starve itself and will eat when hungry.

Take the food your tort will eat, chop it very small and wet it.

Take a tiny amount of the new food, chop it very small and mix it with rest. Just use one new food - say dandelions which will be consistently available over the next few weeks.

If your tortoise eats the mixture then, at the next feed, increase the amount of new food very slightly and decrease the amount of 'bad' food by the same amount. Go slowly. Don't do too much in one go.

If your tortoise refuses then leave the food in place for 24 hours before replacing with a fresh mix in exactly the same proportions as the day before. Sooner or later your tort will be hungry and will eat it... but it might take a few days. Daily 30 minute soaks are essential when your tort is sulking and on hunger strike.

It is VERY important to take it slowly and only increase the amount of new food in the mix by a very small amount each time. Expect the process to take weeks and not days.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thanks he will eat dandelions anddandelion leaves but no other weed il do what u advise and stick at it but will the dried from shelled warriors be ok to add on misted
So choose another new food to add to the mix and cut out the salad gradually. Leave dandelions in the mix.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hey Laura, I have been trying to send you pm but something is messed up on my end and when i hit "send" the whole message vanishes or at least I can no longer see it so by now you may have 3 or 4 pms from me.... or... none. I'll try again

Laura1412

5 Year Member
Mansfield Nottinghamshire United kingdom
My Clyde getting back to his normal self now bless him

Attachments

• IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 21