COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
I take my contact lenses out every night while sitting at my computer - I put them into a small dish in a little pile - they are very pretty, but I've been wondering what to do with them - I was thinking maybe a Christmas decoration? I would be delighted to send them to you !
Just let me know !
Angie
Get a silicone mold and some clear epoxy. You could suspend them in the mold like petals for a flower

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I've been wondering about you. How's it going? I'm sure your country is trying their best? I see things on the news but that doesn't tell all.
Here in Fes, life continues as it always has, except for the queues to give blood and even those have nearly gone now,
The cities down the southwest have started repairing the damage and are slowly returning to normal, but many of the smaller mudbrick towns and villages are utterly destroyed, people are still digging out their relatives from the rubble and aid hasn't reached some of the more remote places in the mountains.
Tis heartbreaking.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
DEATH BY TORTOISE No. 2
365134645_714493070719044_999777869765541755_n.jpg.99422365682d4548b7da7a0ffdfcc346.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I take my contact lenses out every night while sitting at my computer - I put them into a small dish in a little pile - they are very pretty, but I've been wondering what to do with them - I was thinking maybe a Christmas decoration? I would be delighted to send them to you !
Just let me know !
Angie
Yum Yum!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Weird world?

I stopped by the Dispensary on the way home yesterday...a drive-thru type near home. When the window opened, the boy was wearing full makeup and a wig......he could be CD, he could have just arrived from practicing for theater too.....I didn't think he was very passable or cute but I LOVE well done makeup on a woman and his eye shadow and makeup was perfect...I mean perfect.

Se le ve (no, that's not "such is life")

Looking at a 900 rm Hyatt this morning...anyone hazard a guess as to the labor cost to swap out roughly 2700 plumbing fixtures over 29wks? I'm going to guess so you may as well take a shot too?

LOL

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It's gorgeous outside! Just replanted a bunch of grass that got washed away over the past week. My neighbor on that side, Dave and Debbie are well into their 80's and they going to have the nicest lawn that they have had in years! Good for them! I just have to laugh. Good things happen to good people.

Remember that Klipsch soundbar I fixed? It's cranking out My woman from Tokyo at stupid loud and crystal clear levels.....A little Deep Purple kind of a day today......

Enjoy guys,

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I had a sight test at Specsavers today. The optician showed me to the chair and said that I need to look at the chart! When I say in the chair I could see a mirror reflecting the equipment and a poster. There wasn't a chart but with my brain and ears full of hay-fever I assumed that this would be projected🤣! Anyway we carried on with the test but I got into difficulties when the opticians asked to read the lowest line on the chart🤣!

Anyway I said there wasn't a chart there and he asked what I could see so I described the image in the mirror 🤣! He then said "oh the builders have moved the chart out of view!" The test continued without further incident and I was told that I need a stronger prescription for my right eye! I kept a straight face although I realised that with two blocked up ears, and one eye worse than the other haven't got much going for me🤣!

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Just spoken to a couple of friends about my sight test and neither of them know how I managed to do an eye without the letter chart. I also told them about the music shop where I teach Piano and Violin and they thought that what there was funny as well! Yesterday my colleague who is a shop assistant was away so I arrived first and my pupil was already there. I am not supposed to leave the showroom door open if I am teaching but I thought that as l was just setting up I could let some fresh air in for three minutes before I start teaching. Anyway two men in black suits came in and started browsing and I explained that we were actually closed because my colleague was away and then asked them whether they were waiting for lessons 🤣. They said no and that they were just browsing and they left after I said that they could come back tomorrow. I noticed that they had red hankies in their pockets and at first I thought they were waiters from a restaurant until I realised that they were undertakers from a nearby funeral parlour. I had just asked whether they were waiting for music lessons🤣🤣🤣🤣!

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Just spoken to a couple of friends about my sight test and neither of them know how I managed to do an eye without the letter chart. I also told them about the music shop where I teach Piano and Violin and they thought that what there was funny as well! Yesterday my colleague who is a shop assistant was away so I arrived first and my pupil was already there. I am not supposed to leave the showroom door open if I am teaching but I thought that as l was just setting up I could let some fresh air in for three minutes before I start teaching. Anyway two men in black suits came in and started browsing and I explained that we were actually closed because my colleague was away and then asked them whether they were waiting for lessons 🤣. They said no and that they were just browsing and they left after I said that they could come back tomorrow. I noticed that they had red hankies in their pockets and at first I thought they were waiters from a restaurant until I realised that they were undertakers from a nearby funeral parlour. I had just asked whether they were waiting for music lessons🤣🤣🤣🤣!

Natrah
Good morning everyone,

In the UK Specsavers is a chain of opticians and their adverts contain the slogan:

"Should've gone to Specsavers"!

A friend on another forum literally suggested that the optician should've gone to Specsavers! Another friend on the same said that my experience with the undertakers was like The Addams Family.

Happy Birthday 🎉🎂 Ray!

Natrah

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
DEATH BY TORTOISE No. 3.
On February 20, 2007, a female infant aged 3 weeks with a 1-day history of poor feeding and lethargy was evaluated in an emergency department at a Florida hospital. The patient was transferred immediately to a tertiary-care pediatric hospital; on arrival, she was febrile and in septic shock. Antibiotics were administered. She died on March 1. Cultures of cerebrospinal fluid and blood samples yielded Salmonella serotype Pomona.

The parents of the patient were interviewed by the Florida Department of Health. A family friend had purchased a small turtle with a carapace of 1.25 inches from a flea market in north central Florida in mid-November 2006. The turtle was purchased as a pet and given to the patient's family in late January 2007. After the death of the infant, laboratory testing of the turtle and its environment was performed by the Florida Bureau of Laboratories. A fecal sample from the turtle yielded S. Pomona. The S. Pomona isolates from the patient and the turtle were indistinguishable by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis

This is really sad and unfortunate but a good reminder that tortoises can carry Salmonella. care should be taken, hands should be washed after handling and kissing them is not recommended.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone,

In the UK Specsavers is a chain of opticians and their adverts contain the slogan:

"Should've gone to Specsavers"!

A friend on another forum literally suggested that the optician should've gone to Specsavers! Another friend on the same said that my experience with the undertakers was like The Addams Family.

Happy Birthday 🎉🎂 Ray!

Natrah
Good evening everyone!

I have an appointment to have the new lens fitted into my glasses on Thursday morning.

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I LOVE the new lens I got from Pearle Vision. Progressive, light responsive and "HD lens"......a vest improvement over anything other than glass. I hope your experience is as good M......violins and pianos huh? I played the former 12 years, my mom played the later in the Detroit Symphony back in the 40-50's, sister went to Peabody.....kinda runs in the Fam....cool for you! "Strings & Woodwinds" shops always have a certain smell to them .

So Ray, back you Birthday boy.....any plans????

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I LOVE the new lens I got from Pearle Vision. Progressive, light responsive and "HD lens"......a vest improvement over anything other than glass. I hope your experience is as good M......violins and pianos huh? I played the former 12 years, my mom played the later in the Detroit Symphony back in the 40-50's, sister went to Peabody.....kinda runs in the Fam....cool for you! "Strings & Woodwinds" shops always have a certain smell to them .

So Ray, back you Birthday boy.....any plans????
I've had the Progressive/Transitions for many years now. Love 'em!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know which is worse. . . my back was killin' me so I came in the house and took one, ONLY ONE!!!, Bayer Back and Body. I think they must have caffeine in 'em because now I have the jitters and a slightly upset stomach.

My pond liner failed and they're coming to fix it Monday so I've been busy trying to net the fish and move the turtles. Have you ever tried to net mosquito fish in a couple inches of algae-thick green sludge? Those little critters are mighty quick, let me tell you!!!

My back is killin' me and the caffeine jitters don't help!