COLD DARK ROOM

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
Trying to get rid of my Redfoot babies shows that they are as desirable in south Florida as Cancer. Or a case of Herpes.
So this morning they all went to Beverlys pet center in Hollywood for very cheap. I also gave the owner some TFO care sheets and found that he already knows about soaking and uses a tube uvb.
Just like that. I'm OUT of the breeding business.
It is irresponsible to breed tortoises in this market.

it's a shame as you are such a good breeder and responsible/ caring seller. i completely understand your position and decision.

hope mommy ed is doing well

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
it's a nos da from me. around 5hrs tomorrow for a mate from work.. £50 with potential of up sale to £80.

i have and am, leaving him to wait in my house, jade plays hostess making tea before she goes to visit her mum. i wouldn't and wouldn't do this for many people. i am also taking on jades dads car and potentially working on having use of a garage and pitch across the road! ;) so another freebie:/

it's been a long, very hard road but it's all working out now :) , i'm in demand;)

told my boss i want to speak with him... i want a wage rise or DE MOTED and drop in wage. i still try to live by eds vets 'work smarter, not harder' mantra \m/\m/

saturday is £50 to run base for 4 hrs, one valeter who was warned yesterday and still late today. 2 in wash bay, one guy is solid, the other a new guy... 40 cars. i could have done one car for myself in 4hrs for £200

Bee62

Germany
Trying to get rid of my Redfoot babies shows that they are as desirable in south Florida as Cancer. Or a case of Herpes.
So this morning they all went to Beverlys pet center in Hollywood for very cheap. I also gave the owner some TFO care sheets and found that he already knows about soaking and uses a tube uvb.
Just like that. I'm OUT of the breeding business.
It is irresponsible to breed tortoises in this market.

Hello Ed,
I am sorry to read that no one wants your cute little baby torts. I hope they all get a good new owner.

Bee62

Germany
But these babies had been already hatched and I bought them to give them a healthy, tort worth life.
My new shelled family members, two Testudo Hermanni, hatched October 2016:

DSCN0702.JPG DSCN0702.JPG DSCN0702.JPG DSCN0702.JPG DSCN0827.JPG DSCN0834.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0836.JPG
    DSCN0836.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 4

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Hubby helped a friend with some photography issues, and the friend gave him a bag of home grown blueberries and a big bag of frozen, freshly caught trout fillets as a thank you! :)
Hubby drove home for about 20 min with the bag of frozen fish on the floor of his car, and as soon as he got home we stuck them in the freezer- no problems, right?
The next day, when hubby got in his car to drive to a job, it :eek: STUNK of fish!!!! Either the bag had a tiny tear that allowed some fishy ice to leak out and melt, or the bag may have had fishy water on the outside, which melted into his car. Poor hubby pulled out the mats, treated them with the enzyme odor remover that we use when the cats have an accident, but it's no use! :( Even when the mats are NOT IN THE CAR you can smell the fishy odor from outside!!!! He'll get it detailed on Monday, and HOPEFULLY they can get the odors out!!!!!
Any suggestions, John??? @johnandjade

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Hubby helped a friend with some photography issues, and the friend gave him a bag of home grown blueberries and a big bag of frozen, freshly caught trout fillets as a thank you! :)
Hubby drove home for about 20 min with the bag of frozen fish on the floor of his car, and as soon as he got home we stuck them in the freezer- no problems, right?
The next day, when hubby got in his car to drive to a job, it :eek: STUNK of fish!!!! Either the bag had a tiny tear that allowed some fishy ice to leak out and melt, or the bag may have had fishy water on the outside, which melted into his car. Poor hubby pulled out the mats, treated them with the enzyme odor remover that we use when the cats have an accident, but it's no use! :( Even when the mats are NOT IN THE CAR you can smell the fishy odor from outside!!!! He'll get it detailed on Monday, and HOPEFULLY they can get the odors out!!!!!
Any suggestions, John??? @johnandjade

ohh my!! i think it my need shampoo'd as well as an air cor deoderiser... the smells end up in the system:(

if possible.. i would try to leave the windows down if it's safe, to try 'air it out' beforehand. good luck!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. The sun is out again.

We're off to the in-laws with daughter.

Mother in law is getting over-stressed about daughter's move. She cannot see that Southampton isn't on another planet or any less safe than anywhere else daughter has travelled to or lived in over since she left school 5 years ago. Daughter will be 24 in October :rolleyes:

We are not mentioning that son is going to a music festival tomorrow... after Manchester that would finish MIL off completely.

JSWallace

I was out with the dog yesterday and came across this gate to the footpath, those are stinging nettles!!! I just loved that the orange sign said that the path had been improved by the ramblers!!! I took a different route!

Attachments

• 1495956776452.jpg
    1495956776452.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 8

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I was out with the dog yesterday and came across this gate to the footpath, those are stinging nettles!!! I just loved that the orange sign said that the path had been improved by the ramblers!!! I took a different route!
Oweee! A different route was a wise decision!

JSWallace

Good morning all. The sun is out again.

We're off to the in-laws with daughter.

Mother in law is getting over-stressed about daughter's move. She cannot see that Southampton isn't on another planet or any less safe than anywhere else daughter has travelled to or lived in over since she left school 5 years ago. Daughter will be 24 in October :rolleyes:

We are not mentioning that son is going to a music festival tomorrow... after Manchester that would finish MIL off completely.
Oh she sounds so much like my MIL!! My daughter 23 in October

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Morning all, yet another beautiful morning here today. I am off to fetch my daughter from Uni, she finished her finals yesterday. She seems to have spent so long studying I don't think she will.know what to do with herself now!
The world is her lobster - and full of possibilities!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. I am also on the road today. We are heading to King's Lynn in north Norfolk for the funeral of my godmother's husband.

It's not exactly the weather for formal clothes so we have shorts (US short pants?) and T-shirts with us to change into for the trip home.

My godmother has now been admitted to a residential home due to her dementia - she probably won't be present.
That's very sad but probably for the best as I'm sure she would be very confused.
Hope it all went OK.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
You have earned the rest :)

We're done with the funeral and the wake. Back at my cousin's now for a cuppa before going home.

My godmother had no idea who I was and looked surprised when I said I was my Mum's daughter. She did however know who my Mum was and sent her love to her :)
It's a terrible disease - robs us of loved ones before our eyes.
Sad to think of memories being erased but glad she remembers your mum.