COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
:( Massive hugs from all of us in the CDR.

You have had a very rough time recently and the death of such a close relative hits anyone hard, especially someone as young as you.

Don't feel guilty about how you feel or what you did or didn't do. Everyone develops their own coping mechanisms at such stressful times.

Take each day as it comes, in fact take each hour as it comes, and in time the hurt will get less and you'll be able to remember the good times fondly.

Any one of us will 'listen' if you need to 'talk' to someone unconnected with events. And of course we're all here in the CDR if all you need is time to cuddle up to a hedgehog, ride an aardvark and be confounded by the idiotic puns :)
Oh, I DO, like you.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Well, I'm so sorry to be so happy when you are blue, but i've just had a marvelous holiday in Spain with @johnandjade .
Check back a few pages and you'll see all the fun!
I love hearing about others being happy, especially when I'm upset. It makes me happy. I love the pics! Looks like fun!

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
:( Massive hugs from all of us in the CDR.

You have had a very rough time recently and the death of such a close relative hits anyone hard, especially someone as young as you.

Don't feel guilty about how you feel or what you did or didn't do. Everyone develops their own coping mechanisms at such stressful times.

Take each day as it comes, in fact take each hour as it comes, and in time the hurt will get less and you'll be able to remember the good times fondly.

Any one of us will 'listen' if you need to 'talk' to someone unconnected with events. And of course we're all here in the CDR if all you need is time to cuddle up to a hedgehog, ride an aardvark and be confounded by the idiotic puns :)
Thank you.
I've been fo using in gymnastics... Until I hurt my toe. Don't think it's broken but it hurts to walk on it.
Looks like I'm working on handstands until that's better.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Hello. Sorry I've been lurking and haven't been in for a while.

My great nan passed away a couple of days ago so I've been trying my best to keep myself busy. I think I'm in denial at the moment as I still can't quite believe it. I'm guessing it will hit me hard at the funeral when I can finally come to terms with what's happened. :( the worst part was that I barely saw her in her last few weeks. The truth is that I was scared. I was scared of seeing her like that. She was so weak and half of the time she wasn't conscious. She was asking for me so I went to see her but I couldn't bare being there long. Sitting there watching her like that was so hard. It was selfish of me. I wish I saw her more. We were actually away when she passed. My nan was with her the whole time though so she had people there. :(

I was thinking about saying something at the funeral but I don't think I'll be able to do it. :(
Oh, Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear!!! My Great-grandma died when I was 15, loooong time ago! I can still hear the sound of music a nun from our church played at mass on the pipe organ. It was so beautiful, and made me feel my Babi's spiritual presence at that moment. Yours was a big part of your life and your were hers. You carry her genes, so some part of you is really- her. We never stop missing our loved ones but time does heal wounds. You already know that. Just a piece of advice if you care to hear it: don't run from pain of grief. To the contrary, allow yoursel yo hurt, be angry, or in denial, shock.., wherever your own way of ptocessing grief takes you. Those are the very things that make us who we are. Grieving the loss is part of human experience. Embrace it then. Give it a warm place in your heart and nurture it for doing that you will nurture your soul. Allow your heart, body and soul to go through this bereavement process in mindful way, remembering that it is completely natural and human, snd therefore, it's good. Do what it takes to mourn and grow in the process, while doing so, please don't forget to do 3 things that you selfishly love doing, just for your own pleasure, such as: reading, gardening, playing with Spud etc) on daily bases while processing painful experience. This is Very important. It will help you stay focussed. Thinking of you very warmly and lovingly, sending deepest condolences from Texas

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Oh, Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear!!! My Great-grandma died when I was 15, loooong time ago! I can still hear the sound of music a nun from our church played at mass on the pipe organ. It was so beautiful, and made me feel my Babi's spiritual presence at that moment. Yours was a big part of your life and your were hers. You carry her genes, so some part of you is really- her. We never stop missing our loved ones but time does heal wounds. You already know that. Just a piece of advice if you care to hear it: don't run from pain of grief. To the contrary, allow yoursel yo hurt, be angry, or in denial, shock.., wherever your own way of ptocessing grief takes you. Those are the very things that make us who we are. Grieving the loss is part of human experience. Embrace it then. Give it a warm place in your heart and nurture it for doing that you will nurture your soul. Allow your heart, body and soul to go through this bereavement process in mindful way, remembering that it is completely natural and human, snd therefore, it's good. Do what it takes to mourn and grow in the process, while doing so, please don't forget to do 3 things that you selfishly love doing, just for your own pleasure, such as: reading, gardening, playing with Spud etc) on daily bases while processing painful experience. This is Very important. It will help you stay focussed. Thinking of you very warmly and lovingly, sending deepest condolences from Texas
Spot on.

spud's_mum

United Kingdom
Thank you. I've never been to a funeral and to be quite honest, I'm scared. I don't like seeing people upset and I've never seen my some of my family cry. I guess she's peaceful now. She was suffering for a long time. She truly was the strongest woman I've ever met. We thought it was a matter of days when she declined but she made it weeks and weeks. She'd get better and then go back down hill. She fought right until the end.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Thank you. I've never been to a funeral and to be quite honest, I'm scared. I don't like seeing people upset and I've never seen my some of my family cry. I guess she's peaceful now. She was suffering for a long time. She truly was the strongest woman I've ever met. We thought a matter of days when she declined but she made it weeks and weeks. She'd get better and then go back down hill. She fought right until the end.
She was a brave woman, but it comes to us all.
You're young and i hope we'll all be together for a long time, but In 50 years, you and your children and your grandchildren are what carries the world on.
You know you're a smart girl, it's hard but you'll get on, sorry ; but worse is to come!
(goodness i'm awful))

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Thank you. I've never been to a funeral and to be quite honest, I'm scared. I don't like seeing people upset and I've never seen my some of my family cry. I guess she's peaceful now. She was suffering for a long time. She truly was the strongest woman I've ever met. We thought it was a matter of days when she declined but she made it weeks and weeks. She'd get better and then go back down hill. She fought right until the end.
Do not be afraid. It'll be ok. I have to run to work now but will later tell you a little about death and funerals from my perspective (seen/participated in quite a few). It's just a ritual to put to rest the earthly remains of someone whose soul left the body. It is always sad, of course, but it's also important to remember and celebrate the deceased person's life and be grateful for the time we did have with them. Hang in there, Darling! I'll check in with you Guys later (tonight! Late night!)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Do not be afraid. It'll be ok. I have to run to work now but will later tell you a little about death and funerals from my perspective (seen/participated in quite a few). It's just a ritual to put to rest the earthly remains of someone whose soul left the body. It is always sad, of course, but it's also important to remember and celebrate the deceased person's life and be grateful for the time we did have with them. Hang in there, Darling! I'll check in with you Guys later (tonight! Late night!)
Appreciated, my friend.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Hello. Sorry I've been lurking and haven't been in for a while.

My great nan passed away a couple of days ago so I've been trying my best to keep myself busy. I think I'm in denial at the moment as I still can't quite believe it. I'm guessing it will hit me hard at the funeral when I can finally come to terms with what's happened. :( the worst part was that I barely saw her in her last few weeks. The truth is that I was scared. I was scared of seeing her like that. She was so weak and half of the time she wasn't conscious. She was asking for me so I went to see her but I couldn't bare being there long. Sitting there watching her like that was so hard. It was selfish of me. I wish I saw her more. We were actually away when she passed. My nan was with her the whole time though so she had people there. :(

I was thinking about saying something at the funeral but I don't think I'll be able to do it. :(

so sorry to hear that:(. don't feel bad, theirs no rules on how to feel! the important thing is to remember to good times and remember how much you loved each other

Last edited:

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland

hear hear

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland

it is a hard thing to go through, it never does get easier :( you are aloud to grieve however you feel