COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Yupish, took a hard fall week before last avoiding stepping on our dog. Went down hard on the ribs I broke in the wreck. The doctor didn't like the pain level, ordered Xrays of those ribs, but they seem to be simply bruised nice and deep. Otherwise doing well.
And yourself my friend, how are you and the wife and tortoise holding up these days?
Sorry to hear you've been in the wars again Ken, thank goodness nothing broken!
Take it easy and let it all mend!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
im getting slaughtered today! really busy and half my staff didn't show (payday yesterday)

oh and jades loud drunkeness had me awake from 0200- 0430 !!!

Morning John!
Will they lose jobs because of no shows or just pay?
Hope you get a bit of time to chill and sounds like you will need an early night tonight.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Condolences to Spudsmum and her family. @spudthetortoise
A very sad and difficult time for everyone, she sounds like an amazing woman and I'm sure she will be greatly missed by you all.
Funerals are sad as you are saying goodbye to someone special, but also a time for remembering and a celebration of their life. After the formalities they are also a time when people talk about loved ones share stories and happy memories about them.
If you want to say something at the funeral have you thought about reading a poem, either one your Great Nan liked, or something you write yourself. There are lots of websites with poems for dfferent occasions or if she was religious maybe a Bible reading.
If on the day you don't feel like doing it you can always ask the person taking the ceremony to read it for you.
Take care, and you know where we are.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I was going to tell Spud's Mom some death/dying/burial stories, but wanted to catch up on the thread which I have in part but now my eyes are so tired I think I need to let them rest. Can't see straight anymore. Nite nite❤️
Nos da, Ewa.
But don't miss out on all John and my holiday photos! :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
im getting slaughtered today! really busy and half my staff didn't show (payday yesterday)

oh and jades loud drunkeness had me awake from 0200- 0430 !!!
Oh, golly!
The students here are squabbling about their hours, my computer doesn't work properly anymore.
wifey won't get up.
Oh, it's nice to be home.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Condolences to Spudsmum and her family. @spudthetortoise
A very sad and difficult time for everyone, she sounds like an amazing woman and I'm sure she will be greatly missed by you all.
Funerals are sad as you are saying goodbye to someone special, but also a time for remembering and a celebration of their life. After the formalities they are also a time when people talk about loved ones share stories and happy memories about them.
If you want to say something at the funeral have you thought about reading a poem, either one your Great Nan liked, or something you write yourself. There are lots of websites with poems for dfferent occasions or if she was religious maybe a Bible reading.
If on the day you don't feel like doing it you can always ask the person taking the ceremony to read it for you.
Take care, and you know where we are.
Very beautiful, Lyn.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'll be lookin' forward to some ground sausage mixed with scrambled eggs, and some cooked brown rice mixed in with a nice dusting of grated sharp cheddar cheese as a topping, when I wake in the morning once I go to bed.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of it.
But especially the cheese.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I didn't get up until 9.30 today - that's quite a lie in for me.
Shot downstairs as I thought Lola would be wondering where his breakfast was and he was just peeping out of his hide
- looks like he had a lie in too.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I didn't get up until 9.30 today - that's quite a lie in for me.
Shot downstairs as I thought Lola would be wondering where his breakfast was and he was just peeping out of his hide
- looks like he had a lie in too.
I went to bed at 6.30.
Tidgy got up at 7.00
Luckily wifey for once got up and helped out. :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I went to bed at 6.30.
Tidgy got up at 7.00
Luckily wifey for once got up and helped out. :)
It's unusual for Lola because even though his mvb isn't always on when he stirs, he has his CHE and a big window so he knows its daylight.
Maybe he'd been up early and went to back to bed to sulk as his breakfast wasn't there. :)
I think I would.