Cherry head marbling

dumje

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami Florida
Cherryheads originate in a Desert region. So the marbling is an adaption for that region. It is genetic but not all of them have it and some have a little while others have a lot. When they where being imported in large numbers that was a big deal and fetched a higher price than the ones that did not have it.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Cherryheads originate in a Desert region. So the marbling is an adaption for that region. It is genetic but not all of them have it and some have a little while others have a lot. When they where being imported in large numbers that was a big deal and fetched a higher price than the ones that did not have it.
Do you think some don't marble because they are not from the desert region.
This old Brazilian has very little marbling. I'm not even sure if the markings on her are classed as marbling, I was under the impression marbling comes from the scute boarders. Love the plastron pattern.
IMG_20150906_151812.jpg IMG_20150914_201849.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I didn't know that! About the desert origins. Thank you

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Do you think some don't marble because they are not from the desert region.
This old Brazilian has very little marbling. I'm not even sure if the markings on her are classed as marbling, I was under the impression marbling comes from the scute boarders. Love the plastron pattern.
View attachment 174812 View attachment 174813
She's very pretty, and smooooothe!

dumje

5 Year Member
Miami Florida
for 1...I would call that marbeling....just not a lot...as it grows it comes from the borders...and she is nice