Cactus Chips, offer for free samples will end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Hi All,

I'm in the USA, and so that may limit the appeal to everyone else, sorry about that. Some samples seem to be getting to Europe just fine though.

https://www.facebook.com/KapidoloFarms

Right now I'm offering free samples of dried opuntia cactus pad as a food item. My animals (tortoises) are having good results with offering dry, and it is much more convenient than dealing with whole fresh pads. No spines and you can use a small amount at your convenience.

Moistened and mixed in with your 'regular' diet it is a good source of long fiber. Some individuals will take it dry as a stand alone treat, most prefer it well wetted. It actually smells good and we all know omnivorous and herbivorous reptiles use sight and smell to determine if they want to eat something.

Right now I'm sending out are three different shapes as ten gram samples. That one ounce is about equivalent to a half pound of fresh catus, less all the water. Most of the nutrients that are complex large molecules are retained in my drying process. The elemental nutrients are present at the same levels as fresh as is the fiber.

My name and contact info are on the page Kapidolo Farms. The free sample opportunity will end on Friday 25 September, thereafter samples can be purchased. Those samples will cost US $7.00 each with a $5.00 value towards a later purchase.

The after Friday 25 Sep 2015 $7.00 samples will only be the chips, they are the favorite. I am working out a pellet, but that is a tougher item to create consistently.

As of today, if you have sought a sample by 10:00am today, it is in the mail. I got a bit overwhelmed, but all caught up now. For everyone who has offered feedback I am grateful and to everyone still sorting it out, what your feedback may be, I am happy to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.