Apprentice mum (sulcata n red foot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mybeauttorts

5 Year Member
Greetings,
I just joined the forum although ive been following it since i got my sulcata yearling last Christmas. My name is Patricia and i live in Malaysia.
I must say that there is a tremendous amount of information that i have found very helpful in tortoise forum. Great job folks!

Ok, right now, besides my yearling still recovering from a blocked nose, ive been having substrate issues. I cannot find cypress mulch in Malaysia, so ive been using a mixture of coconut coir, wood pellets (not pine or cedar; no idea what it is) and timothy hay. Problem is, it tends to get mossy and it might be giving Suki (my sully) a nose allergy.

Topsoil is oh so messy, especially when Suki trudges into her water bowl etc. Any advice on less messier substrates, im all ears .............

Thx.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I use only coconut coir. If you pat it down, it is less likely to be tracked around as much.
Btw, Hello and Welcome:)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hello and welcome. As a side note, if you have a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allow dogs to visit your home, then you should read Tom's thread below my name.

mybeauttorts

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I use only coconut coir. If you pat it down, it is less likely to be tracked around as much.
Btw, Hello and Welcome:)

Thank you so much. I will certainly give it a go and see how my torts take to it.
Cheers!

mybeauttorts

5 Year Member
sibi said:
Hello and welcome. As a side note, if you have a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allow dogs to visit your home, then you should read Tom's thread below my name.

Thank you for your reply. I might get a dog but a few years from now, when i have a bigger garden ....... : -)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
If you may get a dog, you may want to reconsider it. Did you read the thread below? If not, please, please read it. After reading it, if you still think you may get a dog, then please take precautions so that your tortoise will not be harmed or killed.
mybeauttorts said:
sibi said:

Thank you for your reply. I might get a dog but a few years from now, when i have a bigger garden ....... : -)

Status
Not open for further replies.