Anyone else obsessed with their tortoises....

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
My friends bring me tortoise food, tortoise souvenirs and invite me to check on other peoples tortoises.
The first thing I do when i go to any town or city is check the pet shops, even when on holiday.
I am on Tortoise Forum hours a day.
Wifey suffers tortoise envy, as i spend so much time with Tidgy.
Obsessed ?
Me ?
Naahh !!

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
You think your the only one I spend $75.00 a week or more just feeding them and sense I work for a food warehouse that's not retail . I have 22 leopards , 3 Egyptians , 9 Russians , 8 Hermanns 3 Marginals , AZ Desert Torts , 7 box turtles , 2 pancakes , 11 different water turtles . Yes my wife says I'm turtle crazy !
Holy cow!!!!!!

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Everyone always talks about their kids, I always talk about my shelled kids, show pictures to everyone. I L❤️VE my tortoises. They are just awesome tortoises and they make me smile everyday :)
I regularly tell my friends how many grams my tortoises have gained each week...they roll their eyes at me and walk away.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I have to check to see what he is doing every hour or so. It never fails to make me happy when I see him.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I can waste hours a day just watching mine doing absolutely nothing!
If someone told me that I would be doing that 14 months ago I would have said they were bonkers!

I just suggested to Gillian that maybe her Oli is withdrawn because he's going through cold turtle, but I think that's what most of the ' addicts' here would do if they gave up their torts.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Running outside in my jammies at midnight before a tropical storm hits so I can cut my lawn with scissors for Tuleo.

Taking a second job so I can build his dream shed when we move.

Moving out of state and a deciding factor in regards to WHERE is climate for him and/or space for said dream shed (not nice kitchen, just space for Tuleo.)

Nope. Not crazy for the little bugger one bit!