Anyone else obsessed with their tortoises....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yvonne is pulling your leg, incase you didn't know it. Look where you are and all the members here. Do you really think,you are the only one? Some members may not be, but majority are. As for the people thinking your nuts, they are the ones that are nuts and don't know what they are missing.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Everyone around me says that it's weird that I'm so attached to my tortoises...anyone the same or is it just me?????

View attachment 143926
You think your the only one I spend $75.00 a week or more just feeding them and sense I work for a food warehouse that's not retail . I have 22 leopards , 3 Egyptians , 9 Russians , 8 Hermanns 3 Marginals , AZ Desert Torts , 7 box turtles , 2 pancakes , 11 different water turtles . Yes my wife says I'm turtle crazy !

TMartin510

Fremont, California
You think your the only one I spend $75.00 a week or more just feeding them and sense I work for a food warehouse that's not retail . I have 22 leopards , 3 Egyptians , 9 Russians , 8 Hermanns 3 Marginals , AZ Desert Torts , 7 box turtles , 2 pancakes , 11 different water turtles . Yes my wife says I'm turtle crazy !
Amazing. Just amazing.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
How many desert tortoises? And you better not ever quit that job.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Frankly speaking I am, and the fact that I had never had a pet before/dealt with any animal made me more obsessed with my beloved Greek tort.... OLI.

He has not been moving from a spot he sits in lately, and has been driving me nuts!

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Good to hear you are not alone ?
m01100.gif

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Me too. None of my friends understand it.
All I had to do was look at the adorable, grumpy, flat faces of my Leopards and I was hooked. My friends obsess over parrots (so do I but not as much) yet they think I'm nuts for obsessing over tortoises. Whatever...their loss!!!!

Good to hear I'm not alone on this haha. Everyone says tortoises are boring and are not like dogs and cats but I disagree.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Nope not obsessed at all . Just have a yard full and a bunch of Tortoise statues and figurines.