Alice the Greek tortoise

Tortymama

Location (City and/or State)
Macon
Gee nice place looking for a place to find dryed weeds so I don't get the moisture of the plant on my skin your telling me to give up my pet my baby you mine as well tell everybody they don't need their Tortoise if they can not afford the vet this very second. This is not a help site if you have to get rid of your new pet at first hurdle. I thought this was a site for help? What happens if everybody doesn't have money for vet due to Corona virus get rid of their tortiouses? So does everybody have to rid of their babies now that money is scarce due to Corona virus?

Tortymama

Macon
Their has to be away for me to take care of her because it takes time to grow stuff should everyone get rid of theirs because their growing things that take time is this what you telling me

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
So your telling anyone who is allergic to everything can never ever have a pet
No, she isn’t meaning to be rude or say that. Unfortunately, if your tort lives only off of veggies it will have a shortened life and bad growth. Something you can to do replace weeds is buy a huge variety of grocery store greens (mainly endive and escarole) along with TNT (a dust that gives the tortoise nutrition) as well as some sort of grassland pellets that provide the crucial fiber.

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
Nobody can force u to get rid of ur pet.. ppl are just giving u advice how to best care for them so they have a long healthy life

Tortymama

Macon
Imran redleafy foods and greens and fresh romaine lettuce stuff like that is bad for her

Tortymama

Macon
What is healthiest I can buy for her I just read kale is bad I don't want toess us any more

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
Kale is ok once and a while. Endive, escorole, chicory, dandelion greens. Collards, mustards, watercress to name a few

Tortymama

Macon
I heard some flowers might work if you give leaves can I look up flowers or proper veggies and pellets. I also read about cuttlebone s is that the right info

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Ma
U should leave a cuttlebone in her enclosure yes. Also sprinkle a bit of calcium on her food 2-3 times a week(just a pinch)