Alice the Greek tortoise

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ocala, Fl
I heard some flowers might work if you give leaves can I look up flowers or proper veggies and pellets. I also read about cuttlebone s is that the right info
Good job taking advice! Flowers are a great addition to the diet. The grassland zoomed diet is good, many tortoises don't like it though. I've also heard of the mazuri diet. Anything with some grass or fiber in it. Also, cuttlebones are great. I use eggshells because they like it better.

So basically, with the variety of stroe greens, flowers (like hibiscus, rose, dandelion) and some fibery pellets, she'll be fine! Weeds are always better, but you gotta do whaty you can, so this alternative is okay.

Tortymama

Macon
What is best size home we have dogs who run around unchecked worried about leaving outside what can I use for outside. Live in GA. Up worried about too humid so using retibark

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
What is best size home we have dogs who run around unchecked worried about leaving outside what can I use for outside. Live in GA. Up worried about too humid so using retibark
Maybe an overturned old bookshelf, or a tortoise table made out of wood would be good.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Can I get info on my baby eastern box turtle here also she was the size of a quarter when we rescued her from the lawnmower
I wouldn't advertise the fact that you own an Eastern Box turtle too much because unfortunately they're Illegal to take from the wild or own as a pet here in GA.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I saved as a hatchling do I set her free
It's entirely up to you what you wanna do. Probably not a good idea to release it if it's been in captivity for a year. If you wanted to call the DNR they'll probably tell you what your options are.

Tortymama

Macon
Ok hubby loves her. She eats mostly mugs and loves earth worms. We don't give her worms too much but she get crickets all the te she has to chase them down she also gets greens