3 For Thursday

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Very nice. Like areola patterns.

I know you probably don't bother candling any more buuuutttttt.
Do you have any examples showing different stages of egg incubation. I haven't got a clue with mine. There's all sorts of different looks. Some dark, some light, some look like they have patches of dark in them (clouds). Some too calcified to see anything. Got one that looks like there is gunk coming out of a tiny hole in egg, I've seen vains, some chauked and stopped(friar tuck look) .

HELP.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well....to be honest -I don't mess with them at all. I only take the bad one's out before they explode during the incubation process. This happens well into incubation , and by then you can tell which ones; are no good. By this stage/time most viable eggs are well chalked and looking good.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you know what the teacher always told us in class. If you didn't bring enough to share with everybody........

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
This clutch of Cherry Heads had a lil' one sneaking out yesterday with 3 others hatching this morning~:)

I have an egg that is either hatching or its a dud and just cracked. It's cracked about a full semi circle going underneath. It's been like that for the last 18hrs. Would that length of time with no action be norm if there was a neonate in there? Sorry to butt your thread, I was observing your eggs.

hingeback

5 Year Member
Malaysia
I have an egg that is either hatching or its a dud and just cracked. It's cracked about a full semi circle going underneath. It's been like that for the last 18hrs. Would that length of time with no action be norm if there was a neonate in there? Sorry to butt your thread, I was observing your eggs.
My fourth egg also cracked and when it opened (you saw the picture). How long had yours been incubating? Suppose to be hatching time? I might put that egg into a separate tray just incase it blows and probably mess up the others(I am not sure whether it will, mine never really exploded before)

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
My question was answered, 18hrs of nothing and all of a sudden we have a visual of a neonate.
This is going to be the longest day at work ever.