20LB Sulcata in Colorado

blandonfrank

Hi everyone,

We recently moved to Colorado from Florida, and my stepfather decided to bring his Sulcata with him. Now, things went south between him and my mother, and he no longer is able to take care of the tortoise, and thus, I'm looking for a better for him. I have reached out to Zoos and a humane society, and seeing if they'd take him.
I also reached out to some friends in Florida, but shipping is over $400 through Delta Dash.

I'm trying to see what options I have. I honestly can't keep him. He's in very good health conditions and has been outside a lot this summer, and eats well. I just can't keep him for long. Thus, I'm looking for a better situation for him.

The Sulcata is about 20lbs.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi everyone,

We recently moved to Colorado from Florida, and my stepfather decided to bring his Sulcata with him. Now, things went south between him and my mother, and he no longer is able to take care of the tortoise, and thus, I'm looking for a better for him. I have reached out to Zoos and a humane society, and seeing if they'd take him.
I also reached out to some friends in Florida, but shipping is over $400 through Delta Dash.

I'm trying to see what options I have. I honestly can't keep him. He's in very good health conditions and has been outside a lot this summer, and eats well. I just can't keep him for long. Thus, I'm looking for a better situation for him.

The Sulcata is about 20lbs.
Welcome to the forum.

Please post pics of the tort. There is a thread for selling/buying torts; if I am not mistaken. Please check it.

blandonfrank

I'm attaching pictures of him.

Attachments

• 20160805_131845.jpg
    20160805_131845.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
  • 20160805_131825.jpg
    20160805_131825.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 20160805_131935.jpg
    20160805_131935.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 59

blandonfrank

Good looking, though I see a lot of pyramiding there. :( Is there enough humidity back there?
In Florida, yes. There was plenty of humidity. But not much here in Pagosa Springs, CO where we are currently living. Hence, looking for a better home for him.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Lovely tort.
Try posting on the adoptions thread if you want to give him away, but beware of profiteers who just want to sell him on to make money. Check out the buyers profiles to make sure they're for real.
or the for sale thread, if you want some money for the lovely guy.
good luck.