2008 CB Jordanian Greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
I was wondering...how far back do most of your CB genes go? Like, are these offspring of CB parents? It doesn't make a difference to me at this point, i still for sure want one of your girls, I was just curious about it, since even now, CB breeders are hard to find.

Can't wait to see more pics of her. I already have a name picked out and everything! (it'll kill me to wait four more months. :p) How many eggs are in the usual clutch?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Most of my hatchlings are F1s (first generation CB) Their parents are WC. I've only seen a few CB adults from any of the Middle Eastern greeks and they were males.
I have though bred F2s (second generation CB) from Pancake and Egyptian tortoises.
Clutches are usually 2 or 3 eggs
Here are the new pictures :D
P1011156.jpg

P1011159.jpg

P1011160.jpg

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I'll take her Danny! If I put $100 down (shipping, and deposit) when do you need payment in full? Also, I would really appreciate her hatch date and whatever else you have on her, so I can start a file for her...she's such a little doll!

I really hope we have an early spring--April is a long way off!

Jeeze is she a cutie! I'm printing her pictures so I can show her off to the rest of my family! She's going to be a birthday present to myself I think...:D

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
The eggs (a clutch of 2) were laid on July 19th and she hatched on Sept. 24th.

The rest is due before I ship in April. :D

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Just curious...but is there a reason you wait until April? I mean, I couldn't even fathom shipping a baby to WI in this weather (we've had -10 windchill for the last week or so) But I also saw that someone had their leo hatchlings shipped from FL to PA like a few days ago...

I'll get the first payment and shipping to you soon, I will prob send it out on Monday.

Will she be considered a well-started hatchling by April? (just over 6 mos)...

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Not willing to take chances with my hatchlings. :D You can write all over a box (Keep Warm) but how do you know that they will keep the box warm. Most likely they sit out on the tarmac after being unloaded from a plane. Heat packs only work as long as temperatures are above freezing. To many things can go wrong at this time of year, so always better to be safe than sorry. :D
Yes she will be a well started hatchling.

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Good! I was starting to worry...I know that hatchlings are fragile, and I'm glad she will be a bit older when I get her (and hopefully a little less fragile)--Its gonna kill me to wait till April...but I can do it. :)

how big is the average Greek six month old?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
egyptiandan said:
My adults have been extremely hardy Maggie. I don't think I've ever had a URI with them. They seem to be able to take any air humidity and temperatures down in the 50's. Not sure how they'd be with cold and damp though. I bring mine in at night if it's going to rain and be under 60F.
Here you go Maggie and Meg :D

Female and mom to the one on the right
100_2318.jpg

Danny

What is the SCL measurement of her mom? (Just curious)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
She is exactly 6 inches and weighs 930g. :)

Danny

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Wow...only a wee bit bigger than my Nigel...How big is her father (if you know, otherwise...just average would be great! :) )

I love the pics Danny...I just can't get enough of your Greeks (especially my baby!) I wish my apt was bigger...I would def have more than two torts....

Thanks!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Dad is 5 1/4 inches and around 600g.

Thank you and your welcome. :D

Danny

christinag

5 Year Member
Colorado
Hi Danny,

Do you have any of your babies left? I have lots of questions so I will probably be emailing you a lot (I hope that's ok!). I'm not picky on whether I get a girl or a boy. (Side note: My son wants a boy so he can name him after Michaelangelo the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, he's a goof) How much do you need for a deposit? Or do you want the whole payment up front? Thanks, Christina

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I have 3 left Christina :) E-mailing or PMing me is just fine with questions.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.