2008 CB Zagros Mountain Greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
I have 4 CB Zagros Mountain Greeks, Testudo graeca perses, for sale. They are from the same parents, just 2 different clutches. The larger ones are almost 2" and the smaller 2 are 1 1/2". They are doing great and eating their greens very well. :D These are probably the only CB T.g.perses in the country. Next year I hopefully will have semi-unrelated hatchlings, unless I'm lucky enough to find another female. :p They are $175 each for the 2 larger ones and $150 each for the 2 smaller ones. Shipping is $50 and will be next day.
I give great after purchase care and support. :D
P1010986.jpg

Danny

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
why do you say they are probably the only ones in the country? are they hard to keep or something? they are beautiful danny.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
There are very few adults in the country. I know of just my pair and a male I'm getting from Arizona. I have never seen any one else that has bred them and offered hatchlings for sale. :D So these are the only hatchling you will see for sale. :D

Danny

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
What can you tell us about this species, Danny? We've never heard of them. What differentiates these from say and ibera or golden greek? Web search turns up no pictures of adults. How big do they get? Do they have special housing needs as compared to other greeks?

techiegrl

10 Year Member!
Hey Danny can you post pict's of parents, Robyn is right no info at all on line.

Thanks

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It is tough to find pictures, but they are out there. :D They were just described in 2002. My female is a bit over 7", very domed and flared (I'll have to find her pictures later). My male is a bit over 5" and very flared. This is as big as they will get. They are a chocolate brown and yellow or yellowish green. No special care from other greeks.
The male
persesmale07e-1.jpg

3.jpg

Danny

S

stells

As Danny has to many tortoises and to many pictures of his to many tortoises lol he couldn't find his pictures of the female....
Luckily i have them too and can find them so here she is lol :D

100_2325.jpg

persesfemale3.jpg

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Ah thanks Kelly and Danny. Very cute little torts. Its so fun to learn about a new species.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
WOW they are Beautiful. the shells look wonderful

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Thank you Kelly xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D What would I do without you ;)

Danny

tasena

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Do you still have the larger ones? What kind of temps do they need? Could you hold shipping until cage arrives?

Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its interesting that you say they are rare, however Barbstort is selling an adult on another thread! So they're out there, just hard to find. Good luck to both of you on selling your tortoises. I know first hand how hard it can be to find just the right buyer for them.

Yvonne

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Tasena,
They are still available. They can be kept just like T.g.ibera greeks. I have no problem holding them for you. :) PM me and we can set something up.

Yvonne, I've only seen 4 adults, my pair, and here's the weird part :p I've seen 2 males in Mesa, AZ. The one for sale here and a male I'm getting that Jen is holding onto until its cool enough to ship.
So yes they are out there, just wish I could find another female. :D

Danny

oswego tort lover

10 Year Member!
oswego co. ny. u.s.a.
dan you need to if you would tell us the specific characteristics differing testudo perses from ibera. i also came across a male greek very flared elongated carpace the same color as the pix of your male in a local petsmart last fall. i knew it was differentfrom the dozens of adults ive seen before. i see in another thread you have been asked this before. could you point us to a place on line that discribes it. ive looked and found assertions but not a discription as yet ..........ed

Status
Not open for further replies.