1st timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
The most recent addition to the "Cherry Herd" from last year.....tonight " she be nesting" for me for the first time .....:D
NEWCHNST1-25-13.jpg

Very anxious to see her babies as she is a looker herself ~
cw3.jpg
cw4.jpg

JD~:)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Congrats, she will make beautiful hatchlings! On a side note, I alway notice that you keep your grounds impeccably clean, never a poop in sight!! That must be a ton of work among all the other things you have to do.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
CtTortoiseMom said:
Congrats, she will make beautiful hatchlings! On a side note, I alway notice that you keep your grounds impeccably clean, never a poop in sight!! That must be a ton of work among all the other things you have to do.

yes it is .... with 15 adults half dozen Jr's and hatchlins' popping every other week right now .... it's a lot of work ....But I'm very grateful to my better half , who gets the day shift! :p...
and for myself ,,,pure chillin' in the back and taking care of things- plants and animals , is a great Stress reliever from my every day hoops and bounds. And a Keen eye you have …thanks for noticing!
JD~ :)

Now for the “professional” … <wink> ;) advice … with multi animal set ups….it’s almost mandatory to provide at all times and impeccable enclosure and grounds. This achieves many of things such as the likely hood of spreading any type of disease and or sickness one may experience within one of the animals of the herd. Things such as a minor RI infection can spread rapidly with close quarters sorta to speak …They are much like us … and from time to time … do catch colds along with cuts and bruises from fights or accidental mishaps .
This also keeps the environment pretty sterile
Also … any left over foods are always picked up to lessen any fly and ant problems and or natural animals within the hood. Aside from the ecstatic value of it …. Who wants to walk around torti poo?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
undefined

I'll try again .......

A job well done ..... 4 nice perfect eggs!
VEGASCH1-25-134.jpg
VEGASCH1-25-134a.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Yes, it's a lot of work...but, that's what you do when you love your animals. Keep them clean, safe, well fed, and happy. I've got only 5 reptiles (3 sulcatas, 1 boxie, one aquatic reeves), and I'm exhausted by the end of the day cleaning, feeding, caring, and soaking them daily. Oh, yeah, I also have a small Bolognese who wants equal time! Congrats on your newest almost-babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.