Zoo Med Grassland and Probiotics

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
I am interested in this Zoo Med Forest diet particularily and I noticed there is bacteria in it. So would this be considered a probiotic additive and what are the benefits of this?

east Culture, Dandelion Greens (dried), Sodium Bicarbonate, Soy Lecithin, Direct-Fed Microorganisms (heat stable cultures of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Enterococcus faecium, Aspergillus oryzae), Yeast Extract, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Garlic Extract, Anise Extract, Cassia Extract (Chinese), Ginger Extract, Horseradish Extract, Juniper Extract, Natural Flavoring, Marigold (petal extract), Yucca

Kristen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Tx
I have been wanting to know about this food brand as well. Except I was more interested in the Zoo Med Natural Grassland I read folks talking about. I have 2 Hatchling Sulcata's. There is so much information out there and most contradict each other so I don't know what is right or what to pick. I did find hay and salad mixes on Carolina pet supply that seems like the best option right now based on what I have read. But experience is what I need. What works? What doesn't? I want the healthiest torts possible and try to prevent the shell deformities and have healthy babies. Any help like a sample hatchling diet, which foods you recommend, or are absolute don't, Vitamins you like to use etc. Thank you so much in advance.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Hi Kristen, from reading these boards though, it doesn't seem like you can go wrong with the mazuri or this grassland diet. I was just wondering why there was bacteria in it....at the end of the day, it's Zoo Med, so they wouldn't go out of their way to put something in it that isn't beneficial.

Also, shell deformities (as I have read on here) is mostly due to inadequate humidity levels, but some other factors contribute to it. This is actually stated on the grassland diet bottle as well!

Annieski

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edison, N.J.
I only have 1 Sulcata to base my experience on. He was 6 oz. when I got him---and 2 1/2 years later--He is 13 lbs. From the collection of reading--- I believe that the "probiotics" addition to the diet is important because the metabolism and digestive process is sooooo slow. For how long everything sits inside that beautiful shell---I would think some "good bacteria" could only be a benefit. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.