Zilla Munchies Fruit Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

starpython

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Florida
I recently saw this product by Zilla in the pet store called Munchies Fruit Mix for reptiles. Just wondering if anyone has tried this or has any thoughts on the quality of the product.
I typically feed my red foot fresh fruit and veggies and mazuri. It just crossed my mind that in winter when his favorites are not readily available this product might be a temp solution.

Attachments

• ReptileMunchiesFruitMix.jpg
    ReptileMunchiesFruitMix.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sorry, I don't know about that stuff, but it looks pretty yummy too me. Mostly dried fruit probably. N2Tort might know more about that stuff. He has lots of RF. Pm him if he doesn't see this thread.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
starpython said:
I recently saw this product by Zilla in the pet store called Munchies Fruit Mix for reptiles. Just wondering if anyone has tried this or has any thoughts on the quality of the product.
I typically feed my red foot fresh fruit and veggies and mazuri. It just crossed my mind that in winter when his favorites are not readily available this product might be a temp solution.

It looks like trail mix! Not saying that is a bad thing, I wouldn't mind eating it!

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
I BELIEVE I used this product several years ago, when it first came out. Had brought some hatchling rf's to the Daytona breeders expo and forgot to get food (oopsie). Got a few free packs from a vendor advertising it. Its literally just freeze dried fruit, no preservatives, fillers, etc. So basically, its good stuff, but he might not like it as much as fresh.

Amber_123

5 Year Member
My tortoise loves it and it's very cheap! I love buying it because there are a lot of healthy things in it!! :)

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Amber, I would not recommend feeding this to your sulcata. To much fruit can cause a pH change in the intestines of sulcatas, causing a die-off of the beneficial bacteria, putting them into shock. This can often result in death....The amount of sugar is just to much for sulcatas. Rainforest tortoises, such as red foots, are made to handle these sugary fruits. Sulcatas are made to digest fibrous grasses.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I got a huge container of this free from work, my redfoot wouldn't touch it.

starpython

5 Year Member
NW Florida
Thanks for all the replies.
I think I might try it for my red foot. He's rather particular about the fruits he likes, but I'm curios so I'm gonna give it a shot. I'll let you know how it goes. Worst he can do is not eat it:)

saberfire06

5 Year Member
Hampton, VA
I actually bought this to feed to my hermit crabs and they seem to like it. Not good for my Russian. I have thought about buying their veggie variety bag though. I thought it might make a good treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.