Reptile munchies

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Amazon's algorithm suggested these for me, and they're even available through subscribe and save.

IMG_6952.jpg
IMG_6954.jpg
The fruit mix seems good for my redfoot, Darwin.

IMG_6950.jpgIMG_6956.jpg
The omnivore mix I'll probably do less often or in lesser quantity to avoid giving him too much protein.

At any rate, I tried it today, served on a bed of kale, and Darwin went crazy for it.

I generally have a variety of fresh or frozen stuff for him, but this might make a nice back-up, for when traveling, or for tort-sitters to use for a simpler meal.

Jamie

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
He seemed to especially love the rehydrated silkworm pupae ... it was easily as big as his head, but he kept working at it until it disappeared.

Jamie

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I like using these kinds of things, though I make my own. www.kapidolofarms.com

They both look like good enrichment and the only 'problem' I think is if they bare used too frequently and push the overall diet out of a 'good' range. For redfoots there seems to be much better tolerance for fruit than most other species ( with a few others doing well) but for the most part fruit is to high in carbs.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I've used both of those in the past. Also, the dehydrated food/fruit in the little cans.
Redfoot can eat such a HUGE variety of foods. And will not eat almost nothing.
These can be great for a treat. Or for example, you run out of things in the house and don't feel like going shopping.....The occasional whole meal.
My Summertime RF feeding can be up to 75% fruit.
It would make other species ill.