Yummy pinkies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasper2reds

5 Year Member
I'm trying to work my redfoot up to eating pinkys. Didn't think he was big enough yet but he looks to be about the same size as yours so maybe this weekend he will get a special treat. Excellent video

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Kasper2reds said:
I'm trying to work my redfoot up to eating pinkys. Didn't think he was big enough yet but he looks to be about the same size as yours so maybe this weekend he will get a special treat. Excellent video

That was my very first attempt at feeding her pinkies. She's 3 1/2 years old, 6" and 704g as of September. She's always been a little piggy :-D

diaboliqueturtle said:
That was my very first attempt at feeding her pinkies. She's 3 1/2 years old, 6" and 704g as of September. She's always been a little piggy :-D

Or was it 794g ? Darn, I'm not sure now :-/

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Kasper2reds said:

You can get the extra small pinkies

tinkerbell1189

5 Year Member
Wow really interesting video I had no idea they ate mice. It's natural and good for them so why not!! I have a Russian and they are meant to be omnivores but he has eaten worms and woodlice he has found whilst grazing.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
tinkerbell1189 said:
Wow really interesting video I had no idea they ate mice. It's natural and good for them so why not!! I have a Russian and they are meant to be omnivores but he has eaten worms and woodlice he has found whilst grazing.

Thank you :) I was amazed to see that even though she is captive bred, her instincts kicked in right away.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
I couldn't get 20 seconds into it.... It gave me an upset stomach. And that is why I will NEVER have RF's or YF's. (the little girl in the nackround saying noooooo.... Didn't help either :p)

kytuan

5 Year Member
i dont know how can your tortoise digest with that mice? i hope your redfoot ok @@

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Eye opening footage lol! Alan said nom nom watching it! However i told him not to get too excited because I couldn't face it...you were all brave to do it! ;)

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Alan RF said:
Eye opening footage lol! Alan said nom nom watching it! However i told him not to get too excited because I couldn't face it...you were all brave to do it! ;)

I truly didn't expect them to be alive, now I ask for dead and frozen. She gets so excited when she sees it, now she inhales it in 8 seconds flat :-D
I don't allow cable TV, my kids watch a lot of Animal Planet shows so they are familiar and comfortable with the prey/predator circle of life.

TortoiseBoy1999 said:
I couldn't get 20 seconds into it.... It gave me an upset stomach. And that is why I will NEVER have RF's or YF's. (the little girl in the nackround saying noooooo.... Didn't help either :p)

kytuan said:
i dont know how can your tortoise digest with that mice? i hope your redfoot ok @@

Red foot do need some animal protein, they are able to digest it. There are alternative to feeding mice, like chicken or cat food, but I'm comfortable with it. So are my daughters, we now take turns dropping it in :)

Lucyinthesky

5 Year Member
England
I'm glad my tortoise is vegetarian.... Although he eats anything he finds, pretty sure he'd eat the hamster if the hamster wasn't faster than him!

Status
Not open for further replies.