Yellow Foot, sick-advice?

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Definitely keep him warm. Don't let it drop below 80. The CH EE will help that a lot. you can put it on the thermostat so it regulates the heat. your tortoise is very cute by the way.

Duran

Atlanta
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1425425370.953036.jpg

Little Redfoot seems to be just fine. No fecal bc I couldn't provide a sample but his nose seemed clear and inside of mouth was healthy looking. The doctor prescribed Fortaz/antibiotic for five rounds every 72 hours BUT after the 3rd injection of Fortaz we would review and see if the other two were necessary.

Overall, he said I was doing everything right (I followed everyone's advice and read the care sheets and other info on TF, so thank you!) in terms of heat/humidity but is going to email a care sheet anyways.

I will continue to update as the little one finishes up her antibiotics (I will not be administering them, needles freak me out...so I'm going back every time she is due for them to let the pros handle it!)

Thank you!

Duran

Atlanta
Does this look like shell rot to anyone? I've been taking her to the vet every three days for antibiotic injections, he's never mentioned it and I only just noticed it.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1425918827.314664.jpg

Also, on Friday they did an assist feed bc she hasn't been eating and has been losing weight. The vet suspects she's been sick for a long time and hasn't eaten in a month. :(

After the assist feeding she did regain some energy and had a couple bites of tomato and banana.

I let her walk around outside because it was finally warm, she seemed to really enjoy it. I just wish we could have her better now.

It's been a very long process!

Ahhhhh! My poor tortoise!