Yellow bellied help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iliketuwtles

5 Year Member
My sister just moved from Florida to North Dakota and on her way, stopped to see me in Ohio. She had a Yellow Bellied Slider and couldn't take him all the way up there, so I said I would take him. I am working on getting a good set-up for the little guy (Winston) but noticed his underbelly looked like someone had put a rubber band around him, leaving a dent on his underbelly. I am a complete novice turtle owner, and I'm scared. All help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• winston.jpg
    winston.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 38

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
I see what you mean. While this formation of the plastral scutes is not totally normal, it is not too much cause or concern, nor is it caused by any type of husbandry mistake. From what I can see, the turtle appears to be healthy. Hatchlings do differ in this type of thing from one animal to the next. I don't think it will be an issue, even though I do admit it is a little ways from the norm. Hope this makes sense.

Again, this is my opinion on this and anyone can feel free to argue my thoughts, but I may argue back, respectfully of course, haha.. :)

adamlikesbananas

5 Year Member
That turtle gets REALLY big and needs like a 175 gallon tank. You might wanna make an outdoor pond and put him in it when he's bigger. :)

Also, I think Austin's turtle page has a care sheet for it. Just google "yellow bellied slider care ATP"

Status
Not open for further replies.