Yellow balls in poop?

Lindsey28

Location (City and/or State)
Charlotte, NC
I noticed today that my smaller tort was passing some yellow ball/seed looking things and I have no idea what the cause of them are? She's not had any food that resembles or contains this kind of shape. Mostly lettuce/grasses some apple slices and that's about it. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas?
I'll post a picture shortly.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The clue may be in the name of your city. West Palm Beach…

Any palm trees dropping stuff into the enclosure area? That is what it looks like to me.

Mine are pooping immature grapes. I have grape vines lining the walls of one of my enclosures and I clip all grape clusters they can reach, but the local wild birds are knocking individual grapes loose from higher up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Besides the little seeds (or whatever), your tortoise's poop looks like he needs more fiber in his diet. . . more grass and weeds. I wouldn't worry about the balls. They like to eat seeds as it helps in digestion.

Lindsey28

Charlotte, NC
Yeah, I realized that the neighbor's palm tree reaches over the habitat and it's dropping these seeds.

Ralph Zoontjens

5 Year Member
Tilburg, the Netherlands
Yes it's usually seeds.
My tortoise had the same, but it looked exactly like yellow insect eggs.
Turned out they were dandelion seeds (very good for the torts) . So that's good to know.
We need some kind of repository with pictures to determine all the different seeds they can ingest.