Wrong Uvb...

xMario

Location (City and/or State)
Germany

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
The bulb you have the link to is a coiled bulb. It is recommended not to use coil bulbs because the can damage your tortoises eyes. I would go with a tube uvb bulb.

Ayushjain101

Kerla
The bulb you have the link to is a coiled bulb. It is recommended not to use coil bulbs because the can damage your tortoises eyes. I would go with a tube uvb bulb.
Its a uvb 10.013w bulb. Where does it mentions coil? You you have a recommendation which you have used?

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Coil is just the shape of it. See how the tubes are coiled around? Those types of bulbs are not good for tortoises as Cheryl said. Go with a long florescent tube style and as xMario said, the brand Arcadia is really good. Members with UVB meters report that Arcadia bulbs give more UVB for longer than others. T5 and T8 are two different sizes (around) and they come in several lengths too. The length will depend on your enclosure size. T5's are more powerful. An HO (high output) T5 can be hung higher from the substrate than a T8 because it's output is more powerful. Either is acceptable. I have T8's and they are 11 inches from the substrate. If you want it higher get a T5. Hope that helps!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)