Wow, am I glad I found this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortforsophie

5 Year Member
Hi, my name Sophie, and I'm currently living in Ottawa, Canada. I am currently living reptile free (such a sad existence) as my three-toed box turtle, Calvin, died a few months ago. He was an old dude when I got him, and a rescue, and I had him for five years. I'm not quite over it yet, and ready to move anyone new into his old bachelor pad (I'm getting there, though, all of your torts and turtles are so, so great!), but I had been poking around to see what was out there when I found you guys.

Aside from the fact that you guys kept me up waaaay past my bed time, and have stolen about six hours of my homework time, you guys are awesome! Everyone seems really supportive, and knowledgeable. You guys seem to be a really great resource, I'm so glad I found you!

So I look forward to poking around, and getting to know everyone, and helping out whenever/however I can. I'll try to get some pictures up of Calvin, as well as my current housemate Charlie (three-legged destruco-cat of doom) but in the mean time this will have to as a hello. So... hello!

Nice to meet you all,
Sop

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Sophie:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

Glad to have you with us.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome to the forum.
Theres lots of valuable information here :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME :D. So sorry for your loss. Would love to see a pic of the destructo cat of doom LOL and we are very glad that you found us. Let us know if we can help you in any way. I bet Calvin would love to see you rescue and love another tort:)

shortforsophie

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Would love to see a pic of the destructo cat of doom LOL

Roger that, here are just a couple of my many, many pictures of Charlie Tango, Destroyer of apartment 605.

In the first one, he is sitting on my couch with the Strawberry flavoured Nutrigrain bar that he has just previously lifted from my purse. It took me a sec to figure out what that crinkling sound was...IMG_2037.jpg

The second is during a heat wave, and he had tried dragging my sketchbook off the coffee table, and lying on it to cool down, but he eventually figured out that the floor (and my slippers) was more efficient. Please note, as a bonus feature, the torn up bag of cat treats that I was silly enough to leave out in the open (on the second highest shelf of my bookcase...) which Charlie felt I had been unfairly rationing.
IMG_2026.jpg

Thanks for the request, wellington, and thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
That cat is ADORABLE! If he was tailless, he would almost be a ringer for my Honey ;)

Welcome to the forum!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Love the cat pics. He looks a lot like my Bengal and acts a lot like my Bull Terrier, trouble, but keeps ya laughing and on your toes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.