So glad to be here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shonuff1460

5 Year Member
Hello folks,
I am an experienced (45+ yrs) amatuer herpetologist from Missouri. I've kept everything from an African Horned Viper to 12' Burmese Pythons. As far as chelonians go, I've kept most of the native Missouri species, including hatchling snappers, musk, box and softshell turtles. When I lived in California, I had the good fortune to work in a pet store, and a customer and close friend gave me some eggs her desert tortoise had laid. I incubated them. Unfortunately, all of the eggs but one did not survive. I kept the remaining hatchling for several years before giving her to the San Diego Zoo. At that time, I found they were a protected species.
Currently, I have a ball python and I recently purchased a juvenile (4 3/4") red-footed tortoise. I'm hoping to find others with similar interests and hopefully, I can pass on some of my knowledge as well.
Once again, I'm glad to be here...
Mark :tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Mark hi!!! Welcome to the forum. How did you happen to decide on a red-footed for your first tortoise?

shonuff1460

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Mark hi!!! Welcome to the forum. How did you happen to decide on a red-footed for your first tortoise?

I was wanting a tortoise for a while and Petco had a half off sale. The red foot seemed to have the most personality and looked the healthiest, so I chose her. Named her Raphhaella.

Status
Not open for further replies.